Saved By The Simpsons

INTRODUCTION

I have a perfect family. My mother is a doctor, my father is a lawyer, my sister Gia is 17 and just so happens to be little miss perfect. Then there is my little brother Tyler. He's only 2, and I basically raise him when my parents aren't home. Why me and not my sister? Well, like I said, Gia is like barbie and always has friends to hang out with, boyfriends to kiss, and clothes to buy.

Lastly there's me, Jazzlyn...I'm the odd ball of the family. I wear dark clothing, I have black hair, and don't like "regular teenage girl music." I'm not your typical 14 year old girl. People that don't get to know me think I'm one of those emo girls that is into depression and darkness. Truth of the matter is, I'm not emo, but yes...I do suffer from depression. I never told anyone about it before, and I deal with it on my own. Yes, I know my mom is a doctor and she could help me, but when I try to talk to either one of my parents, they're too busy and go back to work. I also have major trust issues. I learned to not trust at a young age. Everyone is out to get you, and I know that now.

But I remember that day when I discovered Cody Simpson on YouTube. He sang I'm Yours, a Jason Mraz song at a talent show. No one knows it, but secretly I love every one of his songs. I guess I would tell people if they ask, but nobody cares enough to talk to me. Except my best friend Shae.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER ONE

"Jazzlyn! Get your ugly butt up, we're leaving in half an hour." Gia, my big sister said.

"You have such a way with words." I reply sarcastically. She rolls her eyes and walks out of my room, closing the door behind her.

I get our of bed and see that it's only 7:30. At 8:00 my family and I would be leaving our small home town in New Jersey, to the huge town of Los Angeles. I know that most girls my age would be stoked to have the chance to live in LA. I mean, there'scelebrities, hot guys on beaches, SUN. But there's a lot that we have to leave behind. For example, my dog Trix, my grandparents, my now ex-boyfriend Shawn. Shawn and I broke up because we both knew long distance relationships never worked out for either of us. All of this is happening because my stupid sister had to go and become a stupid model. Why we couldn't just move to New York instead of across the country is beyond me, but here I am, moving. Again.

I got dressed and headed downstairs to the empty kitchen. there was absolutly nothing in the house. I guess I'm skipping breakfast today.

I heard the car horn honk and I sighed, walking out to the car with my iPod on shuffle. The song Charlie by the Red Hot Chili Peppers was playing. I got in the car mouthing the words and singing along in my head.

"Everyone ready?" My mom asks cheerfully hopping into the passenger's seat.

"YES!" Gia basically screams. I simply nod, and Tyler is sleeping so he doesn't make a sound.

I lay my head against my pillow that is leaning on the window and slowly drift off into sleep for the 40 minutes it takes to get to the airport.

When we arrive at te airport, I pick Tyler up and carry him inside. He's still sleeping and I didn't want to wake him.

We go through bag check, security, and all the normal airplane things. It was now 10:30, and our plane was leaving at 11:00. I was starting to get really hungry since I hadn't eaten this morning.

"Dad? I'm hungry." I said.

"Okay. I'll go grab us some Cinnabons, sound good?"

"Yeah!" I say excitedly. I love those!