Chapter Four

CHAPTER FOUR

I took a step back from him, not wanting to be tempted to start kissing him. He was still smiling slightly though.

"So...now what? I don't exactly know how to fake date someone..." I said stumbling over my words.

"Well, when we're in public, we have to act all lovey-dovey and hold hands and stuff. Or maybe kiss." He said the kiss part really quietly.

"We have to kiss?!" I said surprised and angry at the same time. What if when we kiss, I feel something. The relationship is FAKE. It doesn't mean anything to him.

"Well yeah...isn't that what couples sometimes do?" He says laughing.

I laughed too, hoping he wouldn't notice that what he said actually somewhat hurt me.

"I've never kissed anyone." I mumble quickly.

He looks at me with wide eyes.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Why are you surprised?"

"Well I don't know...I could teach you how..."

Did he really just say that? Did he actually want to kiss me..?

"That's ridiculous, Cody. I'm not going to make you kiss me."

"Hey, hey, hey. Who says you're going to be making me?" He says taking a step closer. I felt my cheeks get hot and I looked down at my feet.

Before I knew it, he was standing right in front of me and tilting my chin up. I found part of me actually WANTING to kiss him. The other part of me was yelling at me for wanting to kiss him, because there's still a chance he's a total jerk. I didn't have time to think it through because two seconds later I felt my eyes closing, and a pair of lips on mine.

Pull away Jazzlyn. I thought to myself. But it was no use, I just stood there, and kept kissing him.

After a few more seconds he pulled away and smiled slightly.

"Not bad for your first time." He said and laughed a little.

"Gee thanks..." I say quietly. I knew I was blushing so I started to play with my nails. I do that when I get nervous.

I noticed my bright blue nail polish was starting to chip. Cody looked down too and his face lit up.

"Blue is my favorite color!" He said smiling.

I just laughed a little and Alli came back in the room.

"What'd I miss?!" She said, obviously sensing the tension in the room.

"Oh nothing." Cody and I said quickly at the same time.

Alli just laughed at us and grabbed my arm, pulling me into the bathroom.

"What are we doing in here?" I ask confused.

"I really want to do your hair and makeup! Is that okay?" She asked hopefully.

"Sure!" She sat me down on a stool that she had already brought in and plugged in her curling iron. While it was heating up, she did my makeup.

First some black eyeliner on the top and the waterline on the bottom. Next, some pink eyeshadow, mixed with tan, and finally some black volumizing mascara. I already had really long eyelashes, and the mascara made my lashes look almost fake. It was really cool though!

She started to curl my hair, and I heard Cody and his dad cheering downstairs. I looked up at Alli and she rolled her eyes.

"Football." She said.

I nodded understandingly and she set the curling iron down, and signaled for me to stand up.

I turned around and faced the mirror, shocked at my reflection. Did I actually look...GIRLY for once? I don't know if you can exactly call it that, but I defiantly looked a whole lot different than my usual tomboy self.  I didn't look half bad...

"Thanks Alli! I love it!" I say smiling and giving her a big hug.

"Haha, you're welcome!"

Just then Cody walked into the bathroom.

"Hey do you guys want to---WOAH. Jazzlyn, you look so different!" He said, and then smiled.

"Yeah I know! I look like a girl for once in my life."

The three of us laughed and went downstairs.

"Anyway, as I was saying, do you guys want to play rock band?"

"YES!" I yelled. Alli and Cody laughed, but I didn't care, I loved rock band!

"Guitar!" Cody yelled.

"Drums!" Alli yelled.

They both looked at me, and then at the microphone.

"Microphone!" I yelled. I laughed along with them, but I was freaking out on the inside. I have to sing in front of Cody Simpson. Someone who made a living singing. Well, this should be interesting.

We picked the song That's What You Get by Paramore first. Cody and Alli both were on expert, but I decided to be safe and only do hard. Just in case.

I took a big breath and started singing the first verse.

"No sir, well I don't wanna be the blame not anymore, it's your turn. So take a seat we're settling the final score and whyyyy do you like to hurt so much? I can't decide. You have made it harder just to go on and whyyy all the possibilties, well I was wrong."

Well that wasn't so bad. I moved on to the chorus, feeling more confident.

"That's what you get when you let your heart win! Woaaaaaah. That's what you get when you let your heart win! Woaaaah. I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating. And that's what you get when you let your heart win! Woaaaaaah."

Before I knew it, the song was over, and I heard clapping from behind me. Confused I turned around and saw Angie and Brad standing there with a video camera.

"Did you record that?!" I asked.

"Yeah! If it's okay with you, do you mind if we use it for one of Cody's vlogs?" Brad said.

"Yeah, I guess that's okay!"

Great. Now everyone will be able to see me singing. JUST what I wanted.

After rock band we decided to go on a walk.

As we were passing a small lake, I felt Cody grab my hand, intertwining our fingers. I looked at our hands, then up at him confused.

"There's no people here...why do we have to act?" I asked, secretly hoping that he would say he wasn't acting, that he actually liked me, and wanted me to be his girlfriend. Also secretly hoping that he would say it means nothing and that he's only using me because he's a jerk.

"Who said anything about acting?" He said  and we kept walking. I didn't pull my hand away, and he leaned in to kiss me.

Mid-kiss I heard clicks and saw flashes.

I pulled back and just looked at him.

"So THAT'S why you were holding my hand. You really were acting." I say trying to sound sarcastic, but not even trying to hide the hurt in my voice.

"No! I really do like you Jazzlyn. It's just that, my career comes first, and I need you to help me grow."

"OH! So this really IS a publicity stunt! You just want me to pretend I'm your girlfriend so people will look you up more to see if it's true! This isn't about how your fans will react at all!"

"THAT'S HOW THIS BUISNESS WORKS!"

"WELL I HOPE IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU." I yelled and then walked away. I don't know if the paparazzi saw it, and I  really didn't care. Cody Simpson actually liking me. Yeah right.