Three

Time means nothing when you have everything you ever wanted right in front of you.

Marcus has his arms wrap around me as we sway with the music. We don't speak instead he stares into my eyes as I try to remember how to breathe.

"You know I was about to give up on finding you," the smile he forces does not reach his eyes.

"Oh," is all I say. I know what he is saying. Many wolves find their mates right after their first shift. We were not that lucky.

"I searched and searched I even left my family to see if I could find you. Who knew you were here the entire time?" Few wolves travel the world and find their mates in the most darn places.

"I knew. I was here," I counter and this time the gleam in his eyes sparks something deep inside of me.

"We were so close, yet so far," he pulls me into his chest as he buries his nose in my hair inhaling deeply. I inhale his scent as well. It smells like the forest, he has been out running.

"Marcus," I look up at him. His full pink lips capture my attention. My wolf stirs deep down and I know exactly what she wants. She wants to get closer to her mate — our mate.

"I've never loved how someone said my name as much as I love how you say it," the world suddenly vanishes from around us and now that he is with me I know that no one will make me feel this way other than him. The moon goddess made him just for me and no one else.

"Melany," there is a tap on my shoulder pulling us out of our bubble and Andrew is next to us, "its past midnight and your father wants to know if we've done our rounds."

"Rounds?" Those plans are vague in my mind. "My father!" Everything from earlier comes crashing down on me. My father does not know that I found my mate. Looking into his hazel eyes I do not want to leave and I know he can feel it as well.

I spent years looking for him. Finally, I have him in my arms and I have to let him go for at least a few hours.

"Go on," Marcus pulls me into a hug, "I'll see you soon," he whispers into my hair.

"Promise?" The word sounds so childish but I want to know that we will be seeing each other again.

"Cross my heart," he smiles, "now go!" Reluctantly I pull myself away from him and his warmth. Andrew is waiting by the trees and I give Marcus one last glance.

He is addicting, isn't he?

Before I can make my way to Andrew a warm hand grips mine and spin me back, I know exactly how it is — Marcus. Before I can utter a word to him his lips lower down to mine as he gently presses them against mine. His tongue skims over my lips as he pulls away. The light of the fire dances across his face as I look over him, "I needed that before you left."

Opening my mouth to say that I did as well all I could muster is a shaky breath. Marcus leans down and his soft lips press against my forehead. My knees grow weak rooting me to the spot.

"Now don't make your father mad," he chuckles and walks away from me into the crowd of people. Leaving me standing there alone.

Andrew and I do our usual rounds. My wolf is excited to be able to run through the dark forest. Andrew's dark chocolate wolf runs next to mine.

Look at you.

What?

The trees rush past us as our paws hit the hard ground.

You found your mate.

And?

How are you going to tell your father? You know he will be mad if you don't tell him soon.