Nineteen

My god, we needed this.

My wold stretches her mind further to the surface and relaxes.

One of my pet peeves is when my wolf is awake before me. There is no silencing her mind.

The warmth of my blanket makes me groan as my body wants to wake up but my mind wants to stay in the well-rested state that it is in.

Five more minutes, please!

Now you want to sleep. I cannot hide my annoyance with her.

My wolf yawns loudly as I pull my pillow making it curve with my head and I trying to pull the covers over my head but I find it very difficult, the blanket seems to be stuck.

A mumble stops my movements, "Stop tossing," his breath brushes against my cheek and I freeze.

What the hell?

The memory of last night comes flooding through my mind like a tsunami. My head snaps to the side and there laying on my bed is Hunter. His eyes close tight as his eyebrows pull together fighting to stay asleep. His arms are wrap around me, skin to skin contact.

"Can you get off of me?" I growl as I try to push myself away from him.

He shakes his head and nuzzles my neck pulling closer to him. He takes a deep breath sending a shiver through me, "Do you know," he grins at me with his eyes closed, "your toes are freezing at night?"

"Well, you could have gone to your room if it bothered you!" I snap and try again to loosen his grip around me but it seems useless.

"No bother, just letting you know," he says against my hair and I groan dropping back into my mattress.

"Melany?" Andrew says against the door. "Are you in there?" My room is soundproof, they cannot hear me but I can hear them.

"Hunter, I need to get up!" The more I fight him the tighter he holds me and I swear the man is much stronger than he looks.

"Melany, I'm coming in!" The worry in his voice tells me he is about to walk in and find me in bed with Hunter. We did not do anything but word travels fast and I do not want people talking about me any more than they already do.

The door is pushed open a crack when panic rises in me, "I'm not dressed!" I shout at him and the door slams shut.

Nakedness may not be taboo in our species but Andrew has always tried his best to make my life as normal as possible when we are not in wolf form. When we are home we like to keep our clothes on.

"Well, why don't you answer? Breakfast is ready and Alpha Hunter should be heading downstairs in a bit." I can hear his footsteps retreating as I sigh in relief.

"So you're naked huh," Hunter says in his sleepy voice.

"Kiss my ass," I growl at him. Pushing myself out of his arms he finally releases me and I get out of bed quickly before he grabs me again. I take long strides to the door and open it up.

"I want to ask you something," his eyes slowly open up but they hold me in place as I look over him.

"What?"

"Who's Marcus?" It seems like the ground at my feet shifts and all the oxygen in the room is thinning.

"Who told you about him?" As my hand flies to my chest gripping it as if what is left of my heart might come tumbling out.

"No one, that is part of my ability I take away your pain, in return, I feel it all. Your dreams are very foggy on my end but you keep repeating Marcus the whole time and then that's when I feel the dull pain in my chest. Is he your mate?" Hunter sits up as concern etches across his face.