Forty Two

Contentment fills my body.

Everyone is safe.

My pack is okay, for the time being.

My body seems light as a feather and my mind seems at ease with the darkness that seems to envelop me at the moment.

The silence in my mind does not scare me. I can sense my wolf is resting at the moment.

There is a faint sound registering in my mind and I try to listen hard. The sound of guitar strings being pulled rings in my ears makes my body grow heavier and as a soft humming follows I can feel myself growing more alert.

The guitar notes start speeding up making a peaceful melody.

"Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand
And I came here to talk
I hope you understand
The grey eyes, yeah the spotlight, shines upon you."

His voice awakens my wolf. She gives me energy. My spirit lifts above the darkness. I am between consciousness and unconsciousness, part of me wants to stay put but a bigger part of me wants to be with him.

"And how could, anybody, deny you
I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter now I met you
And honey you should know
That I could never go on without you
Grey eyes."

My wolf allows me to push through the darkness and into consciousness. His voice is velvet to my ears.

"Honey you are the sea
Upon which I float
And I came here to talk
I think you should know."

With heavy lids, I blink away my sleep and see that I am in my bedroom and Hunter is next to me stretched out in my bed. A wooden guitar is on his lap as his fingers strum away at the strings. His head is press against the headboard his eyes closed as he takes in his melody.

"The grey eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who tried to deny you must be out of their mind."

I cannot help the smile that spreads across my lips. I stare at him in awe as I take him in. He is sporting some facial hair and his hair looks as if he ran his fingers through it instead of combing it. He is wearing black sweats and a long sleeve cotton beige shirt.

"Because I came here with a load
And it feels so much lighter since I met you
Honey, you should know
That I could never go on without you
Grey eyes, grey eyes
Oh oh oh-oh."

I push myself up, his eyes slowly open as he strums the strings one last time. His tired eyes lock on mine and his smile sends butterflies through my stomach. His soft golden eyes seem as they can see straight into my soul.

"Honey you are a rock
Upon which I stand."

He sings the last part acapella. If I was not on my bed I would probably drop to the ground since my knees feel like jelly. He makes me feel like the most loved girl in the world.

"Wow!" Is all I can say he grins at me putting his guitar to the side.

"Did you like it?" The slight embarrassment in his voice makes me almost melt into my mattress.

Like it? More like loved it.

"There are no words to describe how much I loved it. What song was it?" The heat rises from my neck up to my cheeks.

"Green Eyes by Coldplay but I changed the lyrics up a bit."

He pushes himself away from the wall and his lips gently press against mine. I pull away quickly. His confused expression makes me frown.