Thirty Three

The loud knocking on my door startles me awake as Hunter groans in frustration.

"Can't Andrew stop bugging for just a moment." Hunter stretches out as he breathes in deeply.

His sleepy face invades my vision and I bury my face in his chest as laugh escapes my lips. Breathing in his scent I cannot imagine waking up in a bad mood with him around.

"I need to get ready we've slept in really late." I look into his golden eyes and he looks down at me.

"Fine," Hunter allows me to get out of bed without a fight. With both our stomachs growling we decide that breakfast is a must and with that, he goes to his bedroom.

Apparently, Ken went back home to tell his pack what happens. His pack needs to be informed about their alpha and I know that Hunter is going to have to make an appearance with them soon.

After all, an alpha can't be away from his pack for too long.

After my shower, I dress into some dark jeans, white pullover, and a black beanie. I get out of my bedroom and Hunter is waiting for me in the hall. Hunter smiles when our eyes meet and my breath hitches. He waited for me.

"So," he shrugs shyly and then chuckles at himself which makes me laugh.

"So?"

"I'm going to have to head home later today."

I know.

"Oh, okay."

We knew he was going to go back home sometime but that does not mean it hurts less.

Hunter eats his breakfast at a normal pace as I try my hardest not to inhale my food. My wolf finds this amusing. The pack seems to be in a good mood as everyone chats amongst themselves. Andrew seems lost in his thoughts but doesn't seem too worried.

After breakfast Hunter gestures that he would like to pull out my chair, I allow him.

He's such a gentleman.

He is.

"Come on let's have some fun," he beams at me taking me out of my conversation with my wolf.

"Fun?" I narrow my eyes at him and he does the same making me bite back a chuckle.

"You'll see!" His hand wraps around mine and he pulls me out of the dining area.

So this is what Hunter considers as fun.

Running through the trees my hair whips behind me. My legs extend further making me run faster.

The air pushing through my lungs as loud as my feet pound on the unleveled ground. I need to work on my breathing.

Hunter wanted to play tag and I commented that there is no way he would be able to find me in the forest. He accepted and now I am running as if the devil himself was chasing me.

I stop for a moment to catch my breath my hand resting on a tree as I try to calm my breathing when a branch snaps.

Crap!

I push myself away from the tree and run again. My side feels as if a knife were stabbing it. My lungs are screaming but I cannot let him find me. Running through the trees the birds take off from the branches above. I turn to look when my body crashes hard against something.

All the air within me is pushed out as I go crashing down landing on a lump of flesh, his body steaming from the cold air and his body heat radiating off of him warms my hands.

"Found you!" He grins at me. I am on top of him and he has a triumphant look on his face.

"Beginners luck," I roll my eyes.