Sixty Six

Life is cruel. If I could laugh I would. Life was looking great for a moment and then it is all sucked away in a matter of minutes.

His sharp teeth are bared at me and I know that there is no reasoning with an animistic soul. He is ready to attack and my chest tightens as there is nothing that I can do before his teeth rips into my flesh.

Let it out!

What?

Let what out? I am all alone, in pain, and a beast looms above me waiting to tear me into two.

I can sense that my wolf is getting ready for battle her presence is close to the surface. 

Zeke inches closer his breath moves my hair. There is a pressure building in the pit of my stomach.

Just let it out.

I release what it building inside of me. A mighty cry rumbles through my chest and up my throat the cry unleashes through me and my wolf seems stronger than before and it seems to connects in a level that I did not know was possible.

Zeke steps away from me his head lowering a bit as if I just ran my fingernails through a chalkboard. My body trembles and my legs crack as my wolf surfaces completely. Paws hitting the ground make Zeke turn to see who is coming.

A growl erupts and a chocolate brown wolf lunges at Zeke.

Melany, I got your back! Andrew snarls at him.

Thanks. How did you get here so fast?

I've been dying to sink my teeth into him for some time already and your battle cry makes my wolf surface with retribution.

He wants the blood of the person that hurt and threatens his alpha.

I shift completely as a dusty tan wolf comes to my side. Hunter looks me over making sure that I am fine but for the moment being I do not feel any pain. 

Andrew lunges at him again and Zeke lifts himself up on his hind legs and his claws lash out on Andrew's face. He whimpers back and shakes his head trying to shake off the pain.

Dammit!

Andrew is hurt. 

Hunter stands between us but I will not let that slide, I run around Hunter and at Zeke making him back away from Andrew. He stupidly thinks that is all I am going to do. He steps back a bit but is surprised when my teeth nudge at his neck. He backs off quickly not wanting me to get a better grip on him.

"Zeke, what are you doing?" His head snaps in the direction of his brother. 

Calvin is there with Derek and Mathew. Calvin is staring at his brother with remorse and Zeke breathing is coming in rapid. He is having an inner battle with himself that no one can understand unless they lost themselves to their animal side as well.

Hunter's claws are digging into the ground and I can see that he is ready to lose it.

"Turn back!" Mathew yells at Zeke and his eyes show some light as if he were getting some of his humanity back. Zeke is a naked on his knees before everyone.

Hunter shifts back and glares at him, "If you ever touch her again I will kill you." 

Andrew shifts as well holding him back not wanting him to fight a vulnerable man and Hunter falls back letting Zeke stand up before us.

Angie is running to our side she has something in her hands. She hands Hunter and Andrew some sweats and then turns to me. Andrew's face is healing quickly the gashes do not look as bad as they did at first.