Forty One

Sharpen teeth gleam in the sunlight.

Everything happens so fast that my mind has to slows it down so that I can see it all.

To see his animal side consuming him.

Marcus closes in on me. His wolf shining through his deadly red eyes. Marcus is lost in his wolf.

There is a vicious growl that rips through Hunter. Hunter's wolf knows we are in trouble but he is too weak at the moment. Our wolves want to kill Marcus, the abomination of a creature that stands before us.

I step back keeping Marcus' attention on me. He will not go after Hunter, not as long as I can help it.

Lure him into the trees. Away from Hunter.

I keep my steps small and calculated. Marcus follows teeth snapping as he bares his fangs at me.

A yelp stops my steps and Marcus howls in pain. Marcus body flings to the side as Hunter's wolf bites down on the side of Marcus's neck. Hunter's claws scratch away at Marcus's ribs as he tries to inflict as much damage as possible.

Stop Hunter! I growl at him.

Hunter is weak so Marcus manages to shake him off and throw him to the side without much effort. Hunter tumbles to the side as he huffs and puffs trying to catch his breath. He stands shakily and drops to the ground again. He cannot take much more he is hurt and I need to protect him as much as I can.

He did it for my pack. Hunter tried to protect my pack members now I have to have his back.

I run to his side and nudge him to stay down. My eyes go to Marcus as he stares me down.

There is no holding back now Melany go after him.

Even my wolf wants him gone.

Can I blame her?

He sent me to the brink of self-destruction without even a glance back. I could have done something so stupid just because he did not want me and then he comes back and tries to hurt the person that managed to make me happy.

My body starts to tingle as I feel more powerful. I run at Marcus as he lunges at me and our bodies collide in the air. My claws come out and dig deep into his skin. Marcus whimpers as we land on the ground. I do not hesitate as I aim for his front leg. My teeth sink into his leg and he struggles to get me off.

Make him feel what he made Hunter go through.

That is enough to send me over the edge. I shake my head and he whimpers louder. I start dragging him by his leg and his body cannot take it anymore he starts shifting into his human form. The pain he is feeling is too much for his wolf to handle.

"Stop it!" He screams with agony as I stop shaking my head but I do not release him.

He is kneeling before me his face showing the pain he is going through. His eyes flicker behind me and a wicked gleam appears.

"Get them!" He screams and my eyes glance back as I see rogues behind me. He looks back at me and the Marcus I once knew is not there anymore he is replaced with this power hungry man before me.

There is no noise. No movement. They stay rooted in their spot. Marcus stares at them waiting for them to do something. I move my head back hard as he gasps for air. I look at the rogues and they stare at their alpha, not helping and most of all not caring that I am about to rip his arm off.

A true alpha never fights alone.

Well, Marcus, that means you were never a true alpha, to begin with.