chapter 2

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The day of assignments
.
.
.
.

I never slept last night. I couldn't. I had a bad feeling and I couldn't shake it. I hoped watching the sun rise would help me calm down a bit. But it didn't.

"Come down from there Cody, let's go run the boarders." Alpha said from the ground. I shifted and jumped off the roof landing on all four legs.

"Ready." I said walking up to him.

"You really need to stop doing that. Just because you heel fast doesn't mean go do stupid stuff." He said laughing.

We met up with his warriors and the beta. The future betas and warrior's would take the other side and we would meet in the middle.

The run was long and much needed. Nothing out of the ordinary today. It was just a good run. Until we met up with the others. I stayed behind the Alpha as we compared notes on what was seen what was smelt and anything that had changed. Once everyone was filled in we parted ways and headed back to the pack house. I headed home.

I made myself some coffee and coco pebbles. I figured I would eat as much as I could today. I've heard from other Omega's that some of the punishment given is going without meals. I am a growing male and love food. I would die without it.

I checked the time and it was 8 in the morning and the assigning was at 4 followed by a cookout and meet and greet. I'm so scared.

Luna and my mom kept me busy most of the day. Feeding me, showering me with love and making me feel loved. Around two I decided to go shower and get ready. Alpha had come and gathered my boxes taking them to his truck. It was getting harder to breath and harder to focus.

"Cody, it's time." Alpha Mart said opening my door. My room was bare just my bed and dresser was left stripped of everything that was me. My throat was tight and my eyes burned but I refused to cry or allow anyone to see me upset. My mom didn't need it and I couldn't allow her to see me upset.

"Yes, sir. I'm coming." I said squaring my shoulders and clearing my face of any emotions.

"Oh Cole, you look so handsome." Luna Pearl said smiling at me as we made it to the living room.

"My Coledee is handsome and smart." Mom said with pride.

"Let's go shall we." Alpha said heading for the door.

We piled in Alphas truck and headed for the pack rec center. This is where we always gather for meetings, get together and also training.

The parking lot was full and people were lined up to get in. Omega's had their own entrance so I headed towards it once I hugged the life out of my mom and Luna and shook Alpha Marts hand. I couldn't linger if I did I would bolt and never look back. I had to believe that Luna Pearl would stand by what she said. Sunday night dinners with my mom and them. And that I would see them often.

"Dee man, hey you excited?" My friend Asher asked as her bounced excitedly where he stood waiting to be signed in.

"Yeah about as excited as I am being the test dummy for the betas when the Alphas not home." I said with as much sarcasm as I could. He flinched knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"I can't help but feel like I'm going to not only going to get a good placement but I sense my mate. I think my mate is close." He said smiling.

"I hope your right, I hope your mate is awesome and make life easy for you." I said smiling and patting him on the back.