Chapter 5

Daniel's POV-

I don't understand. But if understanding what's going on will stop this wonderful feeling, then I'd rather not know. The bullying doesn't really bother me, but just by her looking back at me, I feel cured. Cured of what? Loneliness... please, Yoona, don't let me go.

Yoona's POV-

I felt his hand tense up as I stared wide-eyed at him. All I wanted to do was let go of his hand, but some part of me was telling me to stay still. To see how long it will take for him to break this intense and heavy atmosphere. I really wanted to look at him, look at his face and see his reaction to this. Maybe he thought it was totally normal? Maybe I was the only one stressing over such a friendly gesture? Yeah, I'm sure he's completely comfortable with this, I'm misunderstanding.

I looked up to see that he looked at me, but with a zoned-out expression. After a bit, he noticed I was looking at him and he smiled at me. I awkwardly smiled back and pointed at our hands with my eyes. He seemed to immediately understand why and let go of my hand. We both awkwardly looked in the opposite direction and scratched our necks.

"M-Mianhe..." he said.

"Mwo? Ah, Gwenchana..." I replied, and we stood in the heavy silence. I decided that we needed to discuss what just happened so I cleared my throat and caught his attention. I didn't want to seem too harsh, so I tried to nonchalantly ask the question.

"Soo... what exactly happened back there?" I asked him while looking up to him. Smooth. He looked surprised for a second, but then he saw that I was definitely talking to him. I mean, no one else was in there with us. He began to laugh a bit and then looked straight at me which caused me to become a bit flustered.

"Mwo? That's it? You're not scared after everything you just heard?" he asked me.

"Ani." I stated plainly.

"You don't think I'm going to kill you?"

"Ani."

"Or make you disappear to never return again?"

"Ani."

"Or grow fangs, claws and a tail and eat you alive?!" he asked with wide eyes. I began laughing wildly. Has someone really accused him of that before? But... how could he be so happy?

"Ani. Why, should I be?" I asked him teasingly, I don't believe in superstitions, so I had no interest in whatever nonsense they were all speaking of before. He looked a bit embarrassed, but then smiled widely and began laughing.

"Daebak! So you're still my friend?! Waaah~ this is great! I finally have a friend! How long has it been? 3 years? 4?" he continued to ramble on to himself. Huh? Is he really this happy? Was he really that lonely? From what I've seen of him before, it didn't really seem like he cared that everyone ignored him. It didn't even seem like he had feelings, but I guess I was wrong. After I was done zoning out, I looked over to him and saw that he was still smiling and talking to himself. He seems so happy. He's really like a child. How could people say that this is a monster? How?

•END•

Hey! I hope you guys enjoyed! I have a tumblr now! It's TokioTafee. Help me out please? I honestly don't know how to use it :/ lol see you soon.