Chapter 1

Dear Yoona,

Yah! Gwenchana? I’m sorry I kind of left as such a big surprise. I would’ve told you beforehand, but I just couldn’t bring myself to. I am going to study abroad for middle school, but it’s only two years. I will be back for high school so that we could enjoy ourselves. After these two years I promise to look for you first, so please do not forget me!! I am your best friend and you are mine, never forget it! I already miss you just writing this letter, please wait for my return.

Love,

Your Personal Prince, Kai ^__^

Yoona’s POV-

I was sitting in front of my mirror, prepping myself with mascara and pink lip gloss when I realized something.

I was getting ready for my first day of high school.

It’s been two years already? Dang, time really does fly doesn’t it? I wonder if Kai was serious when he said he would be back. I wouldn’t think so. If you are studying abroad for middle school, wouldn’t it make sense to study abroad for high school too? He’s such an idiot, it’s not like I’m mad at him or anything, well, not anymore. When I first read that letter, I was in an ocean of my own tears. I couldn’t see anything, because I was crying so hard. I just kept saying “You idiot, you dummy! Why would you leave me by myself?” But after some thinking-it-over, I get it now. Education is really important, and if he was offered to go study in the states, then that’s a great opportunity for him and I won’t hold him back from it. But you could’ve at least let me see you off. ._____.

Kai and I have been friends, no, BEST friends, since way back when. I can’t remember a moment when I wasn’t with him. We would go down to the river by our houses and catch fish with our bare hands; well I TRIED…

*Flashback*

We were about 5 and 6 and we went down to the river one day, in the middle of the summer.

“Ne, oppa, it’s really hot.” I complained.

“Haha, do you want to go get some ice cream?” He chuckled lightly and asked me.

“Aniya!”

“Eh? Why?”

“I have to catch a fish first. I want to catch it and show it to eomma and appa.”

He laughed at my statement as I rolled up my pants and sleeves to go catch a fish. I walked around in the cold, clear water of the stream, and he followed behind me. I reached for fish several times, but missed every single one. I was very determined though, so I kept leaping for fish as they sped away from me, leaving me in the cold, clear water.

“Ah! I caught one!” He yelled. He carefully tied the fish to the basket and left it on the side of the road for later. He looked over to me and saw that I was rather upset. I was sad that he caught a fish and I didn’t.

“Come here.” He stated plainly.

“What? Me?” I asked. He smiled softly at me and I headed over in his direction.

“You have to squat down, like you’re playing baseball. You just have to be quiet and wait for the fish to come to you. Be completely still and when it comes right in between your legs. You scoop him up. Arraso?” He explained to me with the newly caught fish flopping around in his hands.

I nodded in agreement and did exactly as he said. No fish came to me.

“You’re fidgeting.”

I tried to stop, and I thought I did.

“Stop fidgeting or you’ll never catch one.”

I tried my hardest to stand absolutely still, and it happened. An all-white medium-sized fish, with a gold and black lining around the fins and tail came between my legs. I quickly scooped it up and caught it.

“I did it!” and as I screamed and celebrated, it slipped out of my hands. I was just about to cry until the fish was hanging in front of my face, with Kai holding it mercilessly by its tail.

“Be more careful if you don’t want to lose your dinner.” He said while preparing to tie the fish to the basket.

“Dinner?!” I shrieked. And yes, I did originally go fishing to get fish for dinner, but that fish was so beautiful. I wanted to keep it forever.

“Yes dinner, what did we come out here for silly?” He smiled at me. I rushed over to him and grabbed the fish. He was dumbfounded by my actions, but I ran past him. I went into my little Pororo backpack and took out a clear plastic bag. I ran back towards the river and filled the back with water in one big scoop. I then struggled with the very flippity-floppity fish that resided in my arms and threw it in the plastic bag. Once the fish calmed down and returned back to its original elegance and glamour I placed the tied plastic bag on the grassy land and squatted beside it. I watched it calmly swim around in the bag, as if performing a beautiful, traditional dance, just for me. I soon felt Kai squat down next to me, so I turned to face him and smiled brightly.

“Isn’t she beautiful?”I asked him.

He looked at the fish for a moment, and then straight forward again, and said, “He.”

“What?” I asked. He now looked at me with warm compassion in his eyes, “It’s a he, but yes. He is very beautiful.”

“Ehh?” I took another look at the fish, “Oppa, how do you know?”

“Trust me, I just do.”He smiled and then poked the bag. “So I’m guessing you’re going to keep it. So what’s his name?”

“Ah, I didn’t think of that yet.”

“His name should be Kai the II.” He said as he yawned and lay back on the grass.

I chuckled at the thought, but then stood up and offered Kai my hand.

“Kaja.” I said, and we walked back to our houses in the shaded sunset.

*End of flashback*

I smiled at my memory of him.

I looked over to my left to see that the clock read 7:30. I guess I’d better get going.

I then looked over to my left, to the beautiful fish dancing around in the fish tank.

“Wish me luck on my first day of Seika High School, Kai the II.”

He did a little flip and went back to his choreographed dance. I smiled at the thought that he could understand me, just as Kai did. With that, I snatched up my book bag, took one final look at my perfectly straight, and burnt orange hair with my neat curls at the ends. My pink lip gloss and black volumizing mascara were on point. My school uniform of a grey skirt, white polo with a red butterfly bow tie, and white blazer with red trimmings looked very neatly ironed. I smelled of papaya and mango perfume and struck one last pose in the mirror.

“High school, I’m ready for you, but you may not be ready for a girl like me.” I said with pride and a devilish grin as I walked out of my house, and on my way to school.

END

Hey! So how’d you guys like the first chapter? Very predictable of what’s going to happen next I know. Sorry! >__< I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter though and are going to wait for the next one. I hope that people, even if just one, will be able to enjoy this series. So goodbye! Read, comment, vote, and fan!! *_*

<3-BlasianBabe