The Connection

Hey, witches, wizards, muggles, and creeps!

I hope you guys like this chapter! It was alot more fun to write for me. I want to hear from you if you liked this chapter or The Solution better. I, personally like this one better. You'll see why. Also, NO MORE QUOTES. UNTIL THE THIRD TASK AND PAST. Haha.

-Kangawhale <3

(Charlotte's P.O.V.)

Those voices, reaching out...

La.....

We both lost our families...

Crash...

"It'sfine, he's alive..."

And then there was nothing. The last thing I'd seen were Mom and Dad. I expected a flash of pain at their mention, but none came. Nothing but darkness ans the sound of my own heartbeat. Bu-bump, bu-bump, bu-bump... muffled shouting. Bu-bump, bu-bump, bu-bump, bu-bump... I'm being dropped onto something soft. Hands are running through my hair. Bu-bump, bu-bump, bu-bump, bu--

Where was the second beat?

A flash of light filled my vision. I looked around, but found nothing. As I squinted into the bright, white scene, voices came from behind me. I turned to see something I never thought I'd see. "Charlotte," A woman said kindly.

"Don't worry about us, honey." Said the man beside her.

"You are currently in between life and death. At this point, you can go back, or come with us."

"But..." I said. "Why did you leave me?"

"Because you would've never met Draco," Said the woman.

"How do you know him?" I asked.

"We've been watching you. You have a connection that not too many people have."

I went deep red. "How do you know that we have a connection?"

"You were in love with him the moment you saw him, didn't you?" The man asked.

"Y-yes," I said awkwardly. "But I thought that was only for fairytales."

"Dragons were considered for fairytales only."

"So were beautiful girls like you." The woman stated. "So why not true love? Anyways, when you sang with him, didn't you wonder why you knew what the both of you were going to say?"

"I thought everyone could do that," I whispered. The man shook his head.

"Listen closely." The woman muttered. A voice--Draco's voice--rang through the empty space. 

"Little frail one, do not be scared, and together we will be for long.

For as soon as I arrive, I sing the healing song."

I joined in, singing different lyrics.

"Draco, I'm here, there is nothing to fear. Do not panic, my dear. I'm coming home..."

"Charlotte, you're there! No, love, I'm not scared, I never sneered, nor I glared, to know you're home..."

I turned to the couple again. "I'm staying alive." I hugged them. "Bye Mom. Bye Dad."

"Goodbye, Charlotte." They said together. I smiled and jumped. Down, down, down...

(Draco P.O.V.)

I must be crazy. I'm hallucinating her voice inside of my heart, coursing through my veins. But weren't hallucinations a manipulation of the mind? Then what was this? The unconcious Charlotte remained still. I really was hearing things. If she said she was coming back, then she would've done it by now. I held back tears and waited. I sat there for two days, and decided that it was holpess, she wasn't coming back. Asleep, but alive forever.