The Zasilia Girl

Hey witches, wizards, muggles, and creeps!

Thanks for the guesses and unfortunately, the ones I read weren't that spot on. In any event, enjoy the chapter!

Shout out to MissAlexEss for dedicating her chapter to me! Here's my way of saying thx!

Draco P.O.V.

I sat in the great hall alone, eating lunch for the first time in a week. I was a wreck, and the other Slytherins made note of that. Speaking of, Devon, the worst asshole known to Hogwarts, greeted me with a body bind curse. "Having a good day, Malfoy?" He sneered at me. I stared back, defenseless. "Good, good." He kicked my face. "Even better, eh, Malfoy? Merlin, look at your face sometime, alright? You look like a ghost! Oh, wait, that's just your regular look!" He took the curse off of me and I stood up. "Listen up, Smith." I growled. "Leave me alone. I honestly think you're just scared of my parents. They robbed Gringotts, you know? They got arrested, too. They should be out in a week. Watch your back, okay?"

He glowered at me and stalked off. I sighed. My parents weren't ever going to leave Azkaban. I was about to tear up when the strangest noise sounded from behind me. I looked out the window and saw a solitary black dragon soaring through the grounds, and right near its shoulder, sat a girl. The most beautiful girl I had seen in my life. She was short, thin, slightly pale, had blue eyes and black hair. She looked behind her and laughed the cutest little giggle. I smiled. I had to. She was adorable in her long, silky dress. Behind her appeared around forty five other dragons, huffing and spitting fire. On them sat more girls, though not as pretty as the first one. More students gathered around and gasped at the various dragons. The beasts did a lap around the school, then landed softly on the ground. We all sprinted outside and stared at the girls, all of them in sleeveless dresses except for the prettiest one, who's dress swirled quickly around her waist. A tall woman on a griffin got off and said, "Hello, there." in a strange accent I realized to be Canadian or American or something. "We've come from Canada, and have a little introduction of what exactly we learn. Ladies?"

They nodded and the small one left. 'What?!' I thought. 'She can't leave! She can't! She calms me down...'

The rest of the girls formed a circle with one lady in the middle. Then something flew out of her hand. It was... smoke. Was she okay? She looks fine... fire bursted from her hand and the other girls pointed at it, their faces twisted in concentration. 'What the he'll are they doing?!' I asked myself in frustration. Water shot out of their fingertips and the fire sizzled loudly. Seconds passed and they were playing pass with different elements. Ice and fire collided with a hiss and water rained down on them, only to be dried by wind from their hands. Once they were dry and their hair shined, they formed an archway with each element, but fire stood the tallest.

And then they sang.

A melody of high, low, medium, everything, really. I felt contented, and my eyes were a bit heavy. then that high-pitched voice came. That perfect voice... it sang out a sad song and the short girl walked slowly through the flaming archway. Her large electric blue eyes scanned the scene while her soft lips formed the enchanting lyrics. Her eyes fell on me and stayed there. She kept singing softly, but stared into more than my eyes, but possibly my soul. Panic washed through me, though my face still stayed too tired to express emotion. What if she could use Leginemens with no wand like augmenti and incendio? Would she see my every memory? But she just stared. Before I knew it, the song was over and cheers exploded from the students. In the crowd of moving bodies, the girl kept staring into my eyes. I looked away and she shook her head. I looked up and saw her walk towards me. Crap! What if she didn't like me? Think, Draco, THINK! What do you say?

"Hi." The girl said. "I'm Charlotte Campbell. It's nice to meet you!"

I gulped. "I'm Draco Malfoy. It's nice to meet you, too. The performance was great. I loved your singing."

She blushed and red swarmed madly under her skin. She was so stunning. "Thanks." she said sheepishly. "I've been practicing alot. How old are you?"

"Fourteen. How about you?"

"Fourteen, as well. Um, my friends occupied themselves with more Hogwarts students. Could I hang out with you for a bit?"

"Sure. Let's head to the Great Hall. It's where we sit when announcements are made and where we eat."

"That's alot like our dining hall, actually."

"Speaking of which, tell me about your school."

We walked through the passageways and found our way to the great hall. I learned so much about her, we vented, we were all that we had for the moment. I sat down and she followed. I swear she leaned on me for a fraction of a second. "So your parents are in Azkaban?" she asked.

I nodded. "Yeah."

"At least yours are still alive."

"What?"

"My parents died because of a muggle disease, cancer."

I could see her tear up and I put my hand on her shoulder. Immediately, she slumped into my body and cried. I knew she needed comfort, so I hugged her tightly to my chest and let her cry into me. Devon, being the douche he is, laughed while the rest just continued talking with the Zasilia girls. After a minute, she spoke. "I didn't even get to say goodbye," she sobbed. I ran my hand up and down her back, knowing what it's like to never see your parents again. And in a way, mine were dead, too. Her ragged sobs died down and she hugged me. "Thank you, Draco." she whispered. "I needed that."

"No problem." I replied, letting go. "Look, Dumbledore wants to say something."

And we both turned our attention to the front.