Blood and Dresses

Hey witches, wizards, muggles, and creeps!

How were your holidays? I loved mine and got so much stuff! My family had an amazing dinner, and I ate so much pecan pie that I got sick the next day! So this chapter is preperation for the Yule Ball, but also introduces Lavender Brown and hopefully some more questions in your awesome brains!

Enjoy,

~Kangawhale

Quick sidenote; because the Goblet of Fire is different than the Chalice of Ice, they both have different sorts of schedules. The Chalice sets up the Yule Ball a week before Christmas!

'Memories drift off so simply here,' I thought in wonder. Hermione and Ginny trudged beside me to the castle, staring in awe at Hogwarts.

"Gets me everytime." Ginny muttered, her eyes sparkling. She then turned to me, her face bright. "Promise me something."

I nodded once.

"No presents this Christmas." She grinned.

I laughed. "You wish, Gin! I'm buying all of you gifts this year."

"Yeah, Ginny." Hermione chimed in. "That's not fair."

The Weasley sighed in defeat, her breaths blending with the swaing, frost covered trees. "Fine. But there's a two Galleon limit."

I shook my head. "No limits."

"Fine." She exclaimed harshly again. "Let's forget this and make ourselves look nice. We've just lost five minutes."

The entrance was nearing and we pushed our way through the crowded halls to get to the Gryffindor common room with time to spare. Ginny muttered, "Firebolt." And the fat lady let the door swing open for us. In the common room, girls infested the chairs, couches, and floors. I huffed angrily as we stepped carefully around them and pivoted around makeup, hairbrushes, and wands in case everything went horribly wrong with looks. The surrounding chatter was starting to give me a headache as we walked up the stairs, still avoiding mobs of giggly ladies.

The dorms, however, were only speckled with small packs of friends, laughing and doing each others hair for them. I couldn't remember the last time I had done anything like that. Assassin life would've undoubtedly been too busy to have quality time with friends, and Zasilia always focused on the four elements. But yet, when I look the right and see Hermione and Ginny collecting any cosmetics they can find and laughing when everything drops to the ground, I also find a small glimmer of bliss and belonging. It felt...

Warm.

"C'mon, Charlotte!" Ginny called. "I wan't to see what your dress looks like!"

I smiled at her, took the box I had been holding all day out from under my arm, took my shoes off--leaving me in bare feet--and sat on the floor with them.

"Alright, then!" I said, sarting to feel excited. I pulled the bow out from around the box, the anticipation slowly building between the three of us. I tucked my fingers under the opening of the parcel and slowly lifted it.

"This is it..." Hermione grinned madly.

I finished opening the box and...

There was another layer of wrapping.

All of us went silent and the high hopes dropped until, 

"For MERLIN'S SAKE!" Ginny snarled, flicking her wand and sending the light paper flying across the room and landing on a girl's head.