Chapter 1: Catching Up

This story basically started about a year ago while I was at a friend's house. I have to tweak it and edit it, so I figured I would place it up in a few sections at a time. I have always loved Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl, so I figured why not have a cross-over? Hope you all enjoy it, and thanks for reading!

And as you all probably know, Harry Potter and Artemis Fowl (and all other characters associated with them) are not mine. However, Audrey is certainly mine. =)

*************************************************************************************************************

Audrey

I couldn't believe summer was finally over. I sat on the train on my way back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It was time for my seventh and final year. Part of me was excited, but part of me wished it had never had to come. I was sure it was bound to be more than exciting; Hogwarts always was.

I was sitting in a compartment with my friend, Nikkie, and her boyfriend, Harry Potter. They both were Gryffindors, which made the whole situation kind of awkward, as I was a Slytherin. The two houses were mortal enemies, so having a friend in the opposite house was almost unheard of. We were the only exception to the rule. Nikkie and I had been friends since we were young; we had grown up next door to each other. School was the only time I had gotten to see her since she had moved a few years back.

"So... how was your summer?" Nikkie asked, smiling.

"Uneventful," I sighed. My summer had been really boring. I had absolutely no life. I stayed at home mostly, just relaxing from the strenuous school year.

"You sir, you need to get a man," Nikkie suggested. "You have been single for way too long."

I looked at her with a stern look. The idea of dating made me laugh. I hadn't had a boyfriend in years, and the last one I had my dad scared off with a shot gun. "Yea? Like who?"

"Well Audrey, there's always Ron," Harry brought up, pushing his glasses back.

Ron Weasley was Harry's best friend. The ginger was always trying to get my attention. I really wasn't interested in him all too much. I found him to be... rather disgusting to be honest. He was practically always eating, not to mention covered in it once he was done. In fact, I had my eyes on someone else, though I doubted Nikkie knew it. I also doubted he even knew I existed. It seemed to be a common theme for guys I liked.

"No," I declared, "not Ron. He's not my type."

"Then what is your type?" Harry asked. "Maybe Nikkie and I could help."

I went to answer but I got sidetracked as I noticed two boys who walking passed us in the hallway. One of them happened to be the one I had my eyes on, quite literally. I couldn't keep my eyes off of him as he pushed his long raven hair out of his sapphire eyes. I sighed deeply, not thinking anyone else had noticed.

Nikkie sighed. "Uh oh. What are you sighing like that for?"

I caught myself. "No reason..."

Nikkie crossed the compartment and peered out the door. She looked back at me with a concerned look. "Which one is it? Malfoy or Fowl?" she questioned. "It's one of them blasted cousins."

"I don't know what you're talking about," I played dumb. I wasn't used to expressing my emotions out loud, especially with guys around. No offense to Harry, but I wasn't used to talking about things like this in front of guys.

"You like one of em," Nikkie decided. "Which one is it?"

"Um..." I looked around the room, looking for a change of topic. I saw the castle on the horizon, and immediately used it as a distraction. "Oh look! We're here!"

Both Harry and Nikkie looked out the window to see the huge castle we called school for a good portion of the year. Nikkie turned back to me with a threatening look upon her face. "Don't you think you got off easy," Nikkie threatened. "We will finish this conversation!"

I got up, leaving her and Harry there alone. I knew we would, but I had no intentions of having it that day. I exited the train quickly, hoping Nikkie would not catch back up to me. She didn't, luckily for me. I rushed into the school for no particular reason. I just knew I was ready for the feast that awaited me in the Great Hall.