Chapter 11: Fowl Actions

This is actually the last little bit in the first notebook the story was written in. From here on, most of the story I will be writing as I go. There was only a few pages written in the second notebook. So, wish me luck on continuing this story; I have to get motivated!!!

*****************************************************************************************************************

December 24th

Audrey

The school was bustling with activity. It was Christmas time and the whole school was getting ready for the Third Annual Yule Ball. It was the tradition we decided to keep after the Triwizard Tournament a few years ago. Dresses were being flown in by owls for all the girls, tuxedos for the guys. This was a BIG deal at Hogwarts.

Naturally, I already had my dress. It was burgundy, a color I had always liked on me. My date of course was Artemis. Everyone in the school knew we were an item by now. He was currently out with Malfoy at Hogsmeade searching for matching ties. Malfoy was taking Pansy Parkinson, just like I knew he would. I was sitting with Nikkie in the Great Hall playing Wizard's Chess, passing the time until they returned.

"Knight to E7," she commanded. Her knight moved up two spaces and over one, crushing my pawn with his front hooves. She grinned a victory. I was on the brink of losing once again.

"I don't even know why I play this game with you anymore. I always lose." I studied the board. "Pawn to A5."

As my pawn moved, I noticed Harry and Hermione enter the hall. I sighed with relief; Ron was nowhere in sight, which was a good thing. He hadn't been around since the thing with Artemis, the thing everyone knew about.

"Bishop to C2," Nikkie commanded. Her piece moved and crushed my queen.

"Will someone please take over?" my king yelled.

Hermione laughed. "Want me to?" she asked.

I shrugged. "Be my guest." I scooted over on the bench so she could sit next to me. "You don't look too happy Harry."

Harry shook his head, frowning. "Not really," he muttered quietly.

"Knight to G4," Hermione commanded.

"Queen to G4," Nikkie grinned. "Check."

My mind zoned out, away from the game. I moved away from Hermione, as her perfume was giving me a migraine. I needed to be able to think clearly. Harry wasn't feeling well again. My guess was another vision, but I didn't dare ask.

Suddenly, the door burst open, allowing the cold December air rush into the Great Hall. I glanced up to see Artemis and Malfoy striding into the room. I immediately left the table, rushing to his side. After a quick hug, we went down to the dungeons where our dormitories were.

When we arrived, Artemis immediately pulled a tie out of his robes. "Matches rather well, don't you think?" he asked.

I looked at the tie. It was the same exact color as my dress. But my mind quickly drifted from the tie to Artemis' face. He had a fresh cut across his cheek. "What happened to your face?" I wondered.

Artemis brushed a hand across his face. He glanced at his hand afterwards, blood streaked across it. "I don't know," he eventually answered.

I gave him a concerned look. "Artemis..."

He glanced around, to ensure no one was looking or listening before he said, "Battle with the Ministry. It's just a scratch, and it'll be gone by the end of the night."

"Artemis, you need to be more careful," I scolded. "You're going to get killed."

He sighed. "I know, I know..."