Chapter Twenty-one

For their trip to the mountains the following weekend, Simeon drove their group in his oversized Explorer. If it wasn’t for Katie tagging along, they wouldn’t have needed to drive, a fact which annoyed Fallon almost as much as Katie’s continued presence in their lives. After what Lucian overheard on Christmas morning, she’d been hoping Katie would be gone by the time they took their trip. Then she could’ve had the twins all to herself, a thought that both exhilarated and frightened her. It didn’t matter though. Super annoying Katie was still a plague in their lives, and now Fallon was stuck sharing a room with her for the next three nights.

“This place is amazing,” Katie gushed while they waited in the hotel lobby.

As much as it pained her to do it, Fallon had to admit Katie was right. The sprawling resort was filled with all kinds of luxuries and was surrounded by snow capped mountains. Between the pools and hot tubs and tennis courts and even a day spa and beauty salon, she wondered if they’d need to leave the hotel at all.

“Okay, we’re all set,” Simeon said.

Fallon smirked when he handed one room key to her and the other one to Lucian. Any chance to remind Katie how much better everyone liked her was a chance she wouldn’t pass up.

“So, what do you say we get all settled in our rooms and then we can have some lunch and decide what to do from there?” Simeon suggested.

Their rooms weren’t ordinary rooms. They were two bedroom, two bathroom suites complete with a kitchenette and living room area. There was even a washer and dryer in the bigger bedroom that Fallon didn’t have any problem claiming as her own. With Katie on the complete opposite side of their suite, Fallon started to think maybe she’d be able to tolerate the tag along after all. At least she wasn’t going to have to spend the next three nights sleeping side by side in twin beds like she’d feared. They’d each have their own bedroom with all the privacy they could ask for. If she played her cards right, maybe she wouldn’t have to see Katie at all. There was a short knock on their door, and both Fallon and Katie moved to answer it.

So much for not seeing her at all, Fallon thought, and Katie gave her a tight lipped smile as she pulled the door open.

The twins stood on the other side wearing more than matching grins. For the first time since she’d known them, they wore matching clothes. She started to make a crack about it, but the deep frown wrinkling Katie’s brow stopped her. Like every other girl Griffin had dated, or every other person on the planet for that matter, she seemed to be struggling to tell which boyfriend was hers. Fallon gave in to a genuine smile as she realized the fun they could have with something like this. 

“Is your room as cool as ours?” Griffin asked.

Fallon opened the door a little wider as she stepped aside. “Come check it out.”

“Which room is yours?” Lucian asked Fallon.

Fallon smiled as she snaked her arms around his neck. Why? You want to make sure you appear in the right one tonight?

You’re such a pervert, Lucian said and they laughed.

“What’s funny?” Katie asked.

“Everything’s funny to those two,” Griffin said. “How mad do you think Sim would be if we ditched lunch at the restaurant and ordered room service and hung here all day?”

“I don’t want to hang out here all day,” Katie protested.

“That’s good because I’ve already called down and reserved a table for us in the restaurant,” Simeon said from the doorway of their room.