Chapter Eighteen

Saturday night all the girls gathered at Daphne’s house. Ava was already there by the time Fallon arrived, and Katie showed up just minutes later. Much to Fallon’s dismay, Laurel and Blair showed up too. She’d been hoping they’d blow the whole thing off and had only invited themselves to piss her off. Of course she should’ve known better. They only invited themselves to the party to piss her off just like they showed up to piss her off. After the girls set up their sleeping bags in the middle of the basement floor, they all hunkered down and settled in for what Fallon knew would be a long evening.

“You’re so lucky your parents let you use your basement for parties,” Katie told Daphne. “My parents never let us have parties down there. They don’t think it’s safe.”

Ava wrinkled her brow. “Why not?”

Katie shrugged. “I don’t know.” 

“So, what do you guys want to do?” Blair asked.

Fallon thought of the last slumber party they’d all been at. Back then, she and Corina still hated each other. Her, Blair and Laurel used a game of truth or dare to make sure Fallon knew how many girls Lucian had been with before her. That seemed like a lifetime ago. After that night, Corina became one of her closest friends. Now, she was gone as though she never existed.

“Has anyone heard from Corina?” Fallon asked.

“My mom talks to her mom sometimes,” Daphne said.

“Maybe we should go visit her or something.” 

“My mom said they don’t let her get visitors except for family, and even then they all have to meet in a room with only one door and no windows and a hospital guard in there in case she freaks out.”

“That’s so sad,” Ava said.

“Seriously, remind me not to go crazy and try to off myself,” Laurel said, and she and Blair giggled.

“That’s messed up,” Ava admonished.

“I know. That’s what I’m saying.”

“You know what I mean.”

“Let’s just talk about something else,” Daphne said.

“All this talk is boring,” Laurel said. “Let’s do something fun.”

“You mean like play truth or dare?” Fallon guessed as she glared at them.

“I love truth or dare,” Katie said.

“You won’t like their version. They’ll probably dare you to call Griffin and ask him how many girls he’s screwed or something like that.”

“Oh, I already know that.” 

“You mean Griffin actually told you how many girls he’s banged?” Daphne asked.

“I’ll bet that was an all day conversation,” Laurel joked.

Katie knitted her eyebrows together. “What do you mean?”

“She means your boyfriend’s like a door knob. Every girl gets a turn,” Blair said.

Then she and Laurel broke into a fit of giggles. Even Fallon smiled at that one.

“It’s probably not as bad as all that,” Ava tried to console Katie.

Suddenly Katie smiled at them. “I know you guys are kidding. You had me worried for a second though.”

Laurel narrowed her eyes. “How do you know we’re kidding?” 

“I probably shouldn’t say,” Katie said as her cheeks pinked.

“You can say it,” Daphne assured her. “We won’t tell.”