Chapter Twenty-five

On the day of the formal, Fallon spent most of the day with her friends getting ready for the big night. Even though she wasn’t thrilled about the formal, she did like the full day of beauty the girls got on the twins’ dime. She, Daphne and Ava got the royal treatment at the spa. Besides the standard manicure/pedicure and hair and make up, they also got massages and facials. As the day wore on, Fallon started to get excited about the evening. She still hated the idea of going to the formal and knowing she’d have to watch Ava dance with Griffin, but she couldn’t wait to see her boys dressed up.

And they were her boys now. In the last two weeks, the three of them had become inseparable. While they had to be careful at school, the afternoons and weekends were theirs. Behind the gates of Locke Manor, they didn’t have to hide their relationship. She could hold both  of their hands or kiss one and then the other without fear of who was watching. Despite their promise not to be jealous of one another, there still seemed to be an undercurrent of competition between the boys. A little competition was fine with her as long as it didn’t turn into a huge fight between the three of them.

Seeing Ava in her formal dress gave Fallon a small taste of what Lucian and Griffin went through every day. Ava looked more beautiful than Fallon had seen her look before. There was no way Griffin wouldn’t notice it. The thought of his reaction to her made Fallon’s stomach turn.

“We are some sexy bitches,” Daphne observed as they crowded around the mirror.

All three girls giggled, though Ava and Daphne giggled a little harder.

“You think the boys will think so?” Ava asked.

Daphne turned to Ava. “You have a stick in your purse?”

Ava furrowed her brow. “A stick? What do I need a stick for?”

“To beat off Griffin. That boy’s going to be all over you when he sees you,” Daphne explained, and Ava burst into peals of laughter. “What? What’s funny?”

“You said I need a stick to beat him off,” Ava said and laughed even harder.

“Yeah, and?” Daphne said before understanding filled her face. “OML, I didn’t even think about how that sounded. That’s too funny.”

“I know right. It’d probably hurt if I beat him off with a stick.”

“You should definitely use your hand. Do you have lotion in your purse?”

“What for?”

“To beat him off for real. Every guy I’ve ever given a hand job to says its way better with lotion or baby oil or something like that.”

“How many guys are we talking about?” Fallon interjected.

“That does sound kind of slutty, Daph,” Ava teased. “Besides, I’m not giving him a hand job on our first date.”

“You’re right. You should wait until your second date at least,” Daphne suggested.

The doorbell rang to announce the arrival of their dates and not a moment too soon. The longer the two of them rattled on about giving Griffin a hand job, the harder it was for Fallon to contain her anger. She hoped Ava meant what she said about not trying something like that on their first date. If she didn’t, the secret of triad was likely to get out because Fallon would be forced to beat the crap out of one of her best friends.

With a final make up check, the girls headed downstairs to meet their dates. Fallon’s breath caught in her throat when she spotted her boys standing side by side in identical tuxedos. When she offered them a smile, they returned the gesture.