Chapter twenty two

It's been a week since being here. A week since I've seen Jai. A week since I was told I deserved everything I got. A week since they said they would visit as much as they can. But they haven't. They said every day that they would but they haven't. They are supposed to be coming today but I doubt they will. I will probably just end up sitting staring at the door hoping that they walk through it. They ring but im always not in the mood to talk, mainly because they haven't been bothered enough to visit. Its okay for them they aren't kept in this shithole with no one to talk to but myself and my therapist.

I walk down the hallway and slow down a bit when I come to the corner where I would see if they were here or not. I peak my head around the wall and I can't believe it.

They came.

They notice my presence and they all come running over. I run into Jai's arms and he picks me up spinning me around before kissing me. I run over to James and give him a massive hug. I hug and greet the others and guide them to a table. 'How are you doing in here then?' James asks.

'Pretty shit to be honest I haven't had anyone to talk to since you didn't want to visit.' I say resulting in guilt washing over their faces. 'I'm sorry Char, but we've been busy with tour plans and stuff.'

'It's fine' I say weakly. 'You look a lot better in yourself though Char' Lucy says. Oh so that means I have gained weight. My breath picks up. 'What do you mean' I say looking at all of them with teary eyes. 'Char what's wrong?' Jai asks urgently. 'No, no I have put on weight no one will like me if im fat.' I say with a pained voice not letting my tears fall. 'Char calm down just breath' I take a few breathes and a nurse comes rushing to me. 'Oh im sorry I forget to give her meds that's why. Don't worry sweetie these will make you better.' She says with a stupid fake nice voice. I take the stupid meds that don't even work.

The nurse leaves once I swallowed them and Jai hugs me and pulls me onto his lap. 'Do you guys wanna go outside?' I say. They all agree and Jai pulls me onto his shoulders and starts running around outside. 'Jai stop' I giggle. I lean my head over his and kiss him. He stops running and throws me over his head carefully placing me on the floor. He passionately kisses me and takes my hands in his. 'I love you' he says leaning our foreheads together. 'I love you too' I say quietly. We walk off hand in hand leaving the others.

'Char....'

'Yeah?'

'Why didn't you tell me?'

'It's hard telling people things about yourself isn't it?'

'Yeah I guess, but –'

'So it's even harder to tell the person that you love that you've gone bat shit crazy. I think it's about time you learn a bit more about me Jai and if you want to leave after finding out exactly what has happened, that's okay. I wouldn't blame you'

He stares at me expectantly. 'It all started when my boyfriend Nick raped me... He was my boyfriend, I loved him so much. Or at least I thought I did. We were in the popular crowd I guess, but then he changed. He became really violent and made me start smoking and doing drugs. Eventually I enjoyed doing it, but he still was really violent. He wanted to have sex all the time; we had done stuff before but not the real thing. One night when we were drunk and drugged up, he locked me in a room and tied my up and gagged my mouth. I screamed and cried but he went and took the thing every girl should be able choose when they want to lose it. It was then that a week later I told my parents and they reported him, we broke up and he got sent to jail. But I still kept doing drugs and because my first time wasn't special I thought why should any other time be special? So I started sleeping around and doing drugs and sneaking out. Then I had sex in school and I got into a fight with a girl who just attacked me, I got kicked out. This is when my parents gave up and sent me here. They never wanted me anyway. Then the fans found out about me and it was just hate message after another. With Jack passing and everything it got too much and now im here. I love you so much, you made me a different person, I am not that girl who sleeps around, I will try and stop taking drugs and drinking as much as I can when I get out here. Because I love you all I feel for you is love.'

He looks absolutely shocked to say the least. He says nothing and just hugs me. He nuzzles his head into my neck and lets a few cries escape. 'Char im so sorry, I should've been there for you more. I love you more than anything in this world. I promise I will visit you so much until you get out of here. I promise. I love you. I love you so, so much. Promise me that you will never do anything like this again. Promise me you won't just be a temporary fix.'

'I promise'