C.22

April 17, 2015

Music Inspiration
Snow Patrol - New York
Rhodes - Your Soul
Birdy - Not About Angels

It wasn't a surprise to Harry that Liam needed a couple days to cool off before wanting to talk to him again. In simpler terms, he knew he had fucked up that past weekend. And that it would take an enormous amount of groveling on his part to get his best friend to forgive him. But as the weeks passed Liam spoke nothing but a few words. So much that everyone around them could sense the dynamic between them changing. From watching Harry deliberately get ignored. To seeing how Liam would leave the room after being with him for too long. He even recalls the day he caught him staring at his phone while he was calling him.

But today Harry felt a little lucky. Both of them taking late lunches earlier. They found themselves stuck in a elevator together now.

"Had a good lunch?" He question, standing beside him. "I went to that new deli shop down the road you were talking about". Harry's efforts of making conversation, ignored. Liam pulls out his phone. "I was thinking about cutting my hair". He looks up watching the numbers. "You think I'll look good with it short? I spoke to Niall the other day. He sent invitations out already". Leaning forward, Harry rolls his eyes. "Are you really gonna keep ignoring me?" Liam stays silent. "Liam!!!"

"Oh hey"

"Oh hey". He repeats. Happy that no one else was on the elevator with them. He huffs a breath. "That's it?"

"Yea, I have nothing else to say to you". Liam glares at the elevator numbers slowly moving up. His thumb hitting number twenty-one several times as if it would help move them quicker.

"Fine". He scoffs. Harry sticking his hands in his pockets, he faces forward. "You don't want to talk. Then we don't need to talk".

"Good".

"Good"

"Ok"

"It's been three weeks!". Shouting, he gestures with his fingers held up. "When are you gonna forgive me?"

"I don't know what you're talking about"

"The only time you talk to me, is if it's about work. And even then I have to go through Simone who brings back these cryptic ass sticky notes".

"And, whats the problem?"

"And what's.....". He stutters. "You know what Liam, screw you!"

"Screw me!". Shocked, he repeats back. "You got some nerve Harry. I'm the one who should be angry right now. I have the right to be, honestly"

"You do?". Sarcastically Harry tilts his head.

"Yea I do". He nods. "You know when friends fight or argue with one another. The one whose angry doesn't have to forgive so quickly"

"But we're not just friends, we're best friends. And you ignoring me it makes me feel like shit. I want to talk to you"

"About what?"

"Stuff, I don't know". Harry looks up watching the numbers go from floor sixteen to seventeen. Both staring at the empty entrance as the elevator doors open and close.