C.9

July 16, 2014

Music Inspiration
Ariana Grande- Just a Little Bit of Your Heart
H.E.R - Focus

He hates this. Normally Harry isn't the type to desperately overthink about someone. Of course he loves extremely hard, but this just felt different this time. Assuming this would have been easier with their distance and all, he wouldn't care this much. But he misses her, even the little things. Aimlessly he wanders around his kitchen, beer in one hand while his phone is in the other. His conscious telling him it's ok to call, but hesitant to do so.

Shaking his head, he puts down his phone only to stare at the blank screen. It was a little pass one in the morning here which meant it was eight over there. Drinking what was left of his beer, his eyes stay focused on the phone before picking it up and typing.

*************

Writers block, Katherine tapping her pen against her notepad, frustrated. She stares at the blinking curser next to the unfinished sentence on her computer screen. Because nothing was working to get her mind flowing again. With the deadline approaching she needed this chapter done by the end of the week. The apartment suddenly quiet after hearing the living room tv turn off, she goes over to snatch her phone off the charger to see unexpected texts coming through.

Harry: 1:14am : it's really early over here. I can't sleep

Harry: 1:14am : I want to hear your voice

Harry: 1:15am : That's not pathetic is it. If it is, let's just pretend I never texted anything.

Katherine smiles to herself. Thumb hovering over the lock screen, she stops once the door opens.

"I thought you were working?". Adam shuffles inside, slow and tired.

"I was, but I got a missed call". She slides her phone into her back pocket. Curious, she watches him move around the room grabbing shoes from the closet. "Where are you going?"

"Ben called, he wants to get drinks. Apparently him and Whitney are having......... ". Finding the appropriate word, he scratches his head. "Issues"

"Oh". She walks forward, arms crossed over one another. "It didn't seem like they were having problems. I just talked to her the other day. She didn't say anything to me". She questions genuinely concerned for her friend.

"Yea, well it seems as if our good friends can't seem to come to an agreement on something. He just wants some advice"

"It is serious?"

"Apparently". Adam stands up from tying his shoes. "Whitney wants to move back home, but Ben is having a hard time because, you know, everything he knows is here. I honestly couldn't imagine having a conversations like that. I'm so glad we're both from New York"

"Yea......right". She chuckles lightly. "So who else is going? To have these drinks I mean"

"Just me and him"

"So whose giving the advice then?"

"Me, I guess. Why?". Adam laughs, tucking his wallet inside his pocket.

"Nothing, it's just interesting, that's all. You, giving the relationship advice"

"Whats that suppose to mean, interesting". He shrugs. Getting back a mixture of uncertain sounds from her. "No just say it. You don't think I can give good advice?"

"Yea of course, of course you give good advice. You're smart when it comes to money or family issue"

"But....."