Ch.30

February 2, 2017

Music Inspiration
Måns Zelmerlöw- The Core Of You

He had missed home. So when Katherine had brought up the idea of visiting for his birthday weekend, he didn't pass up on the opportunity. It had been a year for him, staying in New York longer then he actually intended to. And Harry couldn't wait to be back on London soil once again. The flight long for her but exciting for him. The boyishly giddy smile across his face as they left the airport stayed with him even while they were driving to his parents house. The radio low just enough to hear silence in the car. From the corner of his eye he could see how distracted she was, looking out the window.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?"

"You're being quiet, too quiet. What's wrong?"

"Nothing". She tells him with a smile. And though Harry wants to believe her one worded response, he doesn't. So he signals to pull the car over on the side of the road, parking. "Where, where are we going?"

"Talk"

"What are you doing? I said it's nothing". She gestures back to the road. "Drive"

"Katherine, talk"

"It's nothing Harry, seriously". She mentions. Avoiding any eye contact whatsoever. But he's quiet and persistent. And he hasn't moved the car an inch. "It's stupid. And it's your birthday weekend, so don't worry about it"

"How could you ask me to do that? I'm not moving this car until you tell me what's wrong with you"

Only a couple of seconds going by that they're staring at each other. Harry not willing to break that she sighs, rolling her eyes.

"Oh my god, fine". She whines. Turning to face him. "I'm just a little nervous, ok"

"Why?"

"Maybe because I'm finally meeting your family for the first time, ever. All your friends"

"You know them though, you've talked to them before. You, you.....". He stutters. You just texted Gemma yesterday"

"I know, buts it's different now. We're not behind a computer screen or texting over a phone or....". She rubs her eyes frustrated. "Now I'm meeting them. Like really meeting them, in person and I feel like I'm gonna be sick . So this is a huge deal for me and I just....."

"What? Do you think they're gonna hate you or something?" He questions. And the look she gives him was the answer he didn't want. "Are you serious?!"

"I told you it was stupid"

"No, its not, baby I'm sorry. Listen to me, they love you"

"You're just saying that to make me feel better"

"I'm not". He nods. "I wasn't going to say anything but my mother called me the other day and asked about you". He admits. And she looks back in his direction. "She wanted to know all the things you liked because she wants you to feel comfortable while we're here. And Gemma has this girls spa thing planned for you, her and Liv. It was suppose to be a surprise". He rolls his eyes. "So can you act like it when she tells you about it please"

"Oh"

"Yea, oh". He smiles, grabbing her hand. "I get it, how you feel. I mean it was a little intimidating when I met your dad for the first time. But I wasn't going anywhere and you aren't either. They can't wait to meet you, ok"

"Yea, ok". She smirks. "One one more thing"

"What now"

"Do I look nice though? I have another shirt in my bag, I could change"