C.17

October 25, 2014

Music Inspirations
Marianas Trench- Ever After
Fleurie- Like Hell
Jacquelyn Girling- Breathe You In

It had been almost an hour since they both left the restaurant. And regardless of Katherines several attempts to start conversation, Adam did nothing but ignore her. Remembering every so often when Harry's name rolled off her tongue, an annoyed look would form on his face. The cab ride silent. Lines of traffic making it worse to endure as they wait, she looks at him stare out the window.

"We can walk the rest". Sticking his hand inside his jacket pocket, pulling out money. He hands it to the driver. Katherine glancing over just in time to see his door swing open, one leg already out. That she does the same.

"What are you doing?"

"We were just sitting there. And the price kept going up"

"Could you slow down, please". She tries walking beside him. Her strides not even close to matching his. Voice mingling in with the honking sound from the van, slamming on it breaks. To two men a few feet away, arguing over the same cab. Still, she doesn't take her eyes off him. "Adam?". She reaches for his jacket.

"Don't". He snatches back. "Don't touch me Kat". His voice seething with anger she flinches back. And as he's walking away, unfazed by the small audience that had appeared from the store. She timidly looks towards them before walking again.

"I get...."

"Not now Kat"

"You're mad at me, I get it". She continues anyway. "I understand why......."

"Oh you do". Sarcastic, Adam laughs. Shaking his head. "That's  funny".

"I should've been by my phone". They move around a group of teenagers blocking their path. "And I should have let you know where I was"

"You really think that's it!". Adam turns slightly. His voice rising just a bit over the bus driving by. "I don't wanna do this outside. Can you just hold off until later on". He nods. Anger building up again. Not realizing he's taking larger steps now until heels loudly click behind him.

"I can explain everything if you just let me?"

"Really?". He keeps walking.

"Yes"

"So you can explain why you didn't respond to anything I sent until this morning?"

"Yes"

"Who you were with all night?"

"Yes"

"How about how close you really are with that guy?". He stops turning around. And she stumbles against him. "Can you explain that, hmm? Of course you can't". Adam stares unemotionally into her eyes reaching for his keys. And Katherine struggles to swallow. The feeling of guilt burning in the pit of her stomach, she's stuck watching him walk inside their building.

H: 2:48pm: I know what happened earlier was awkward, but I really didn't think I'd run into you there.

H: I check out tomorrow so if you're free let me know

Katherine blinks a few times. Her heart and hands quivering as she reads his message. Relieved to see Harry's name across her screen, she swipes to unlock it. Only to catch herself seconds later. Because in good conscious calling him wasn't the right thing to do. Running up the steps of her building, just in time to see Adam step inside the elevator.