C.14

September 26, 2014

Music Inspiration
Hozier- From Eden
Passenger- And I Love Her

It was late, and Harry could already feel his body shutting down. Rubbing the corners of his eyes he tells himself to finish at least one more document. His objective this weekend solely on catching up on work. To pick out applicants for positions, send out emails and organize his misfiled paperwork. But tonight his attention wasn't on any of those things. He knows he needs to buckle down, but once he clicks on a résumé, he's completely blindsided with other thoughts.

Biting the tip of his thumb nail, he wonders what Katherine was doing. Briefly calculating the time difference in his head, he picks up the phone. His conscious urging him to work, but instead he swivels around in his desk chair typing away.

Harry: 12:30am: What are you doing. I miss you

He waits. Noticing the heavy showers earlier was starting to ease up. Turning he focuses back on his computer screen, clicking on the third applicants email. Distracted as he glances over at a familiar name popping up on his phone.

"Hello". Placing his phone between his ear and shoulder, Harry maneuvers the mouse around to copy and paste a few words.

"You're still up?!". Niall, drunk, clear from his voice off hand. But the loud chatter behind him is a dead giveaway that he was at a pub right now. "Why are you up?"

"I'm working. What do you want?"

"I can't remember". Boisterously he laughs over the phone, mumbling something afterwards.

"Well, why don't you call me back when you do. I'm kind of busy". Focusing on a email that pops up from Claudia, Harry's almost about to hang up.

"No, no no, wait. I remember". Niall shouts over the phone and immediately Harry stops everything he was doing. "I remember now, the wedding. I'm calling about the wedding"

"Ok"

"We got a date, it's next year"

"Uh huh.....". Harry leans back swiveling side to side. "I'm happy that you settled on something. But this couldn't have waited till tomorrow morning?"

"No because she wants a theme wedding. Summertime. Shelbys putting together the guest list soon. So your parents, Gemma.....".Niall hesitates as if he was checking the names off as he went. "Vince, are invited. The only thing she needs to know is if you're planning on bringing a date?"

"You're asking me this now?". He sits up. "You do know it's September right?"

"I know but you know how Shelby, she's a planner. Besides she has friends from the states that she's inviting. So we're trying to make sure everyone can RSVP at least by February"

"Ok. Again, why couldn't this conversation happen tomorrow?"

"Why am I getting attitude from you? You should be ecstatic that one of your best friends is even calling"

"It's midnight Niall"

"Well excuse me!". His voice gets higher. "Sorry that you crossed my mind and I thought why not give you, one of my best mates, a bloody ring".

"Are you done?"

"You're an ass, you know that?". Niall laughs through the phone.

"I have been told that several times this year. So unfortunately yes, I do know"

"Look Shelby just wants to send these invitations out by February. And we still have to get them designed first, so just cooperate with me please"

"Well I really can't give you an answer on that. It's still too early"