Chapter Five

"Where are you bringing me?" I asked, not being able to look at him.

He was silent for a few seconds. "I'm bringing you to my house. I have a few clothes that you could borrow. You could just give them back tomorrow."

"No one has ever been to your house," I breathed out in shock. "Why do you even care? Just bring me home!"

"Won't your parents ask why you're home early?" he raised his eyebrow at me.

"I can just tell them that I didn't feel well, so they sent me home early." I shrugged.

Yes, I was lying that I had parents, since I only had a brother, but I couldn't tell him that.

"And the amount of blood? How would you explain that?" he pointed at my thigh.

I crossed my arms over my chest. Now that I think of it, if Tony sees me home early, if he's there, who knows what he'll do. Not only does he use me as his toy, but as the sister of such a powerful man, people do expect a lot from me. Every time he introduces me to one of his clients, he does like to brag about how well I do at school, but this year, my grades aren't that beautiful, so if he sees me skipping, I'm dead.

"Let me just take you to my fucking house." Hunter scoffed.

Why do I not mind going with this stranger? Funny how I'm okay with this pure and utter stranger, but stay away from my own brother. When I didn't react, he just took it as a yes and drove me to his house. From the outside, his house just looked small and cozy and well maintained. I was even more surprised when the inside looked even better than the outside. It was a small house, enough for two people. A small kitchen, living room, two rooms (I assumed), and apparently one bathroom. Hunter entered one of the rooms and then came back holding a pair of jeans. He handed it over to me and when I frowned he just shrugged.

"They're my sister's."

I held the jeans to my chest. I didn't know he had a sister. He pointed to one of the rooms and I realized he was directing me to the bathroom. Once I was out of his sight, I closed the bathroom door and leaned against it. I was in Hunter's house... I didn't know exactly what I expected, but it was nothing like this, neither from his personality, nor his living conditions. I swallowed harshly as I removed my jeans. I was right, the cut was acting up, because of my jeans. There was a lot of blood and it was honestly starting to make me nauseous, especially how it made me remember everything that happened this morning.

"I want to die..." I muttered.

I quickly washed the blood off and bandaged it with some of the bandage I found in one of the drawers. I put on the jeans Hunter gave me, realizing that it was just a little big for me. I folded my jeans and walked out of the bathroom when I heard Hunter speaking on the phone. His back was facing me and by the way he was shouting, I assumed something had happened.

"What the fuck do you mean you can't find him?! Do you want me to shoot a bullet through your fucking thick skull? Find him or else your wife can keep waiting to join you in hell."

My heart started pounding once again, but this time it wasn't because of the giddy feeling Hunter gave me. The realization that the rumors were true aroused this intense series of fear within me and all I wanted to do was run away from Hunter. If he was a murderer, then he could actually do anything. The moment he turned around, I started wishing for a hole to just appear in the ground and for it to swallow me whole. He was rather shocked to see me, but that only lasted for a few seconds before he started getting frustrated.

"Look, I'm sorry you had to hear all of that." he sighed.

"I thought you were a nice guy..." I breathed out. "I really did..."

Hunter stared at me for a while before he started laughing loudly. "Did you not hear those rumors? Oh, don't tell me you're one of those 'I-won't-believe-until-I-see' types. Oh," he rested his hands on his hips. "I thought you weren't scared of me." he continued as he stepped closer. With every step that he took forwards, I went backwards. "I guess I was wrong."

He raised his hand and once again, I flinched, releasing a 'tji' sound as I closed my eyes and instinctively turned my head. Instead of the smack that I was used to, I felt a hand rest on my cheek. Shocked, I looked up at him. His face was dangerously close and the fear that I was feeling was now replaced by that giddy feeling once again.

"You should be afraid of me, Zoe. You should be very afraid." I could feel his breath on my lips.

"I... don't want to..." I was at a loss of words, so I stopped mid-sentence.

"You don't want to what?" he stepped even closer.

The wall hit my back and now I was just stuck between this wall and Hunter's tall figure. He was just towering over me with this intense look on his face.

"I don't want to be afraid of you..." I felt all the nervousness leaving my body. It was like my brain was suddenly on auto-pilot and I just kept on saying what was in my heart. "You act like this cold-hearted person, but your eyes show so much more. You think you can hide yourself from the world, but you can't. I see right through you. I know that those rumors aren't half of what you really are. You're in pain, Hunter. At the end of the day, you're the one who's afraid."

A certain emotion flashed through his eyes and my eyes grew wide when I realized that I spoke too much. I pushed Hunter away from me, seeing he was caught off guard by my words, and held my jeans tighter.

"I'm sorry... I... I shouldn't have said all of that."

"Right, you shouldn't have." his jaw clenched. "I'll drop you home."

He walked past me, out of the house. I really did say too much...