Chapter 1

Lucy's P.O.V

"Natsu!"

No reply.

"Natsu?!" I call once again and receive no reply. I wipe my hands on a nearby tea towel and make my way through the apartment. I've lived with this pink-haired punk for a year and a half now and yet he can't seem to hear me no matter where I am.

"Natsu can't you hear me call- what are you doing?" I ask once I find him standing in the entryway of the closet, staring at its contents.

"Should I revamp my wardrobe?" He asks, his thumb and index finger resting thoughtfully on his chin.

"I mean if you want to but that's not important right now," I quickly lose track "What do you want for dinner?"

He looks at me with a gleam in his eye that entails nothing but mischief.

"Can you make that one dish with the spicy chicken and pasta?" He pouts, that puppy dog look on his face.

"Natsu, you know how long that can take to make. Do you honestly think you can wait that long? You know how impatient you can get." I say skeptical of his request.

He smiles pleadingly and clasps his hands together, "I promise I'll be patient this time! If I get a little hungry I can just have a small snack!"

"Fine, but I have to go to the store and get some ingredients so don't burn the place down!" I say grabbing my things and leaving for the grocery store.

Natsu's P.O.V

Finally! I've been trying to get Luce out of the house for hours now. Honestly, when she caught me staring seemingly at nothing I was trying to think of ways to leave the damn house.

With her finally gone, I raced for my phone and dial Levy's number. After a couple of rings, she answers.

"Hello?" I hear her call across the line.

"Hey, shortstack I need your help with something!" I say curtly. I don't have the luxury of time right now. Lucy is a fast shopper when it comes to getting groceries.

"I'm not gonna help you if you keep calling me shortstack!" Levy whines.

Sighing, I quickly apologize and state my case, "I need your help. I plan on askin' Luce to marry me and I don't know how to even go about it!"

The line was silent for a solid ten seconds before a torrent of squeals started.

"Oh my god, Natsu that's great! Congratulations! Omg I can't believe it lucy has been talking about weddings and getting married since the day I met her in highschool-"

"Levy!" I interrupt her.

"I need your help and I don't have long before Lucy gets back from the store so what should I do first?" I huff.

"Okay well you need a ring! Do you know her ring size?" She asks suddenly all serious.

"Uhh, no I don't. How do I find that out?"

"Take one of her favorite rings from her jewelry box and take it to the jewelers. They'll size the ring- y'know what just get her ring and I'll meet you at the jewelers tomorrow."

"Oh, uh, alright. Crap, Lucy's outside. I'll see you tomorrow Levy!" I quickly say goodbye and hang up the phone. Trying not to look suspicious, I lay back on the couch and occupy myself with my phone.

"Can you help me with these, Natsu? I went a little overboard with the shopping." She sheepishly chuckles with loads of bags in her arm.

"Of course! Wow, you got a lot!" I say plucking a grape from inside the bag and popping it in my mouth.

"Don't eat those! They haven't been watched yet!" She fusses and swats me with her now free hand. I snicker and drop the bags in the kitchen before booking it up the stairs.

"I'll be right back, Luce" I called. After hearing her response I shuffle over to her jewelry box on the dresser and start looking for her favorite ring. Once I find it I stick it in a pair of pants of mine and head back downstairs to help Lucy with dinner.

If she'll let me.