Chapter 40

The next day after my long run with Sasha I couldn't wait to get back to the pack house and start looking through the box again. I hadn't told anyone what I had read and found, I figure they already knew the history behind how werewolves were created. I read some more this morning before I had left and found out that werewolves can be created by using a bite. The bite has to come from the high council and their descendant; they are the only ones who can make a werewolf. 

Jameson was a cruel man. He bonded with his pack and the other high councils but he wanted more power. He kept infecting people, turning them into werewolves so he can create his own army. His sons and daughter grew up too fast, not having a childhood. In his writing he talks about how he's teaching them, letting the power and strength to go to their heads. My great x 3 grandfather wasn't a very pleasant fellow. And I felt bad for his pack and his children to be under orders from him. 

It still amazes me as I look at this book. How could my father forget something like this? I would have thought that he would have kept it locked up and safe. Surely he didn't want someone like me reading his, or our, family history. I still haven't gotten to the part where they were forced to be rogues like my mother had stated. But his life line is coming to an end so I'm guessing it has to be soon or this happened many years after his rule. 

Combing my hair after the long hot shower I had I open the box up one more time and shift through it, More jewelry, a necklace that was just like the one Preston gave me only this stone was blood red and didn't look as beautiful as Preston's. Putting them aside I dig around some more and find another photo album but I didn't want to see my father right now. Putting that aside I look through it one more time. 

Pulling something heavy out I uncover it only to find a metal case, locked. It was a pretty good size, a little bigger than the box Preston had got me that held my necklace. Pulling on and trying my hardest to open it, it was no use. Hopefully he left the key in the box. I found myself humming to myself as I grab the last thing out of the box; it was my mother's wedding picture. 

My breath caught in my throat as I look at them. My mother's dress was beautiful; it hugged her chest and waist beautifully then flared out in the princess cut at the hips. She had a jeweled belt and I saw her wearing the blood red necklace, the Luna necklace. Her brown hair was pulled up into a bun and she wore a veil. She looked beautiful and happy. Light and love danced in her eyes as she looked up at Joey. 

Joey was smiling down at something; following his hand that rested on a little shoulder I gasped it was my sister. My sister held a basket full of flowers, our brother so tiny sat on her little hips, and he was making a cute funny face as he stared up at our parents. Joey looked... tender as he stared at the little girl and boy. As if he was truly happy to have my mom as his wife and my siblings as his step children. I didn't understand. He looked so different in his suit and tie, his hair patted down and looking nice. This isn't the same man that called my mom a slut or was the bad boy. This man took on a role and responsibility to my siblings. Then I came into the picture and his picture perfect family crumbled away. 

I put the picture down looking at it sadly. They looked so happy. I never say any of my parents wedding pictures; we didn't really have pictures hanging up around the house. And mom never volunteered to show us, she had packed them away. 

That was the end of the box. I got three books full of photos and history, a ring, necklace, a metal box, wedding picture and my mom's letters. This held most of my answers but I can't help but feel like I'm missing something. 

"Hey Dee, can I come in?" Scott asks stepping into the room. 

I look up from the things and look at him. He seems so different these past few days. Happier. I instantly felt guilty since I haven't really hung out with him since Preston came into town. It's mostly been just Sasha and I.