Chapter 43

I lay in my room cuddled up to Preston hours after he had claimed me. After a heavy make out session I finally realized I was in my bra and he was shirtless. I was a little embarrassed at my behavior from before but he reassured me that he would have stopped me if I tried anything. He felt that my wolf wanted more but he knew I wasn't ready for something like that. Which was why he distracted my wolf before he had claimed me.  

After we both calmed down and got ourselves presentable once more we lay on my bed and talked. He told me what had happened at school and I was embarrassed of my actions and glad that I didn't remember it. Then he talked about the claim and what it meant for us now. 

Not only have we finally become one but know he can help me and my wolf. When a werewolf first shifts they have these blackouts too for the first year. They don't remember what they did after the shift; it's kind of like the Hulk. Our bodies surrender to the wolf in us, the wolf takes over and we aren't responsible for our actions. Which is why they have training every day for the new shifters. You have to control your wolf; you have to take over after you shift. It takes a while to finally get control but when you do it won't be like before. You will remember everything and have control of the wolf body.  

I was worried though since my wolf has been dormant for the past eighteen years. She won't let me take control for a long while, I could feel it. And since they don't want my shifting for a long time, since there still is the possibility that I could die, I have plenty of time to take control of her. 

"Preston?" I whisper into the darkness.  

After we had a long talk and cuddled for the longest time he had to go back to his house. I didn't want him to at first, just the thought of being away from him for a second made my heart hurt. Now that we had claimed each other my feelings for him grew ten times more. I needed him to be by me all the time. He reassured me that it was only to get some clothes for tomorrow and he didn't want to be here when Brayden and my mom got home. 

He had to wait two hours before he could sneak back into my room. Those two hours were torture to me; I needed to be by him. After a long and tense dinner, tense because my mom was eating with us now and Brayden was confused and didn't like it, I said my goodnights and went back to my room where I waited for Preston. Thank goodness he came back just as my brother said a goodnight to me.  

"Yeah?" He whispers back. 

I move so my head is resting on his shoulder, my body warming up at the contact.  

"What were you talking about earlier; you know when you claimed me? You said something about the bond not sealing until something. What did you mean by that? You didn't exactly explain." I mumble into his chest.  

He was finally lying under the covers, and took his shirt off. Something that he never done before this. 

He chuckles quietly under his breath. "I didn't explain because I was too into the moment." He whispers, his breath blowing across my hair making me shiver and curl into him more.  

"But what I meant is there is a short period of time, a week at most where the bond can be broken. Just in case something happens to the other mate and another needs to replace the bond. But if nothing happens then the bond is sealed forever." 

I scrunch my eyebrows at this. "That makes no sense." I mumble.  

He sighs. "It's hard to explain. Rejection happens between mates, not often but it does happen. Sometimes the mates form a bond but then change their minds; they only get a week to decide if it's what they want. And if they decide that they don't want each other than they can leave the bond without them hurting each other. If they had waited until the bond is sealed and they left each other it would have killed both of them instantly."