Chapter 12

Taylor Momsen (Katy)---------->

"Strike!" Scott shouted throwing his fist in the air as the pins all were knocked down yet again. I chuckled as he started doing his little victory dance. 

It was Friday and we were almost finished with bowling for Preston's birthday party. When we arrived we surprised him with a cake and his presents. I did end up giving him the wallet I found. And compared to everyone else's presents it was pretty lame. I kept telling myself it's because they know him better than I do, but really I was a bad gift giver. Unlike the expensive gifts the gang presented him with, Designer cologne, gift cards for the higher priced shops, heck even the sunglasses beat my gifts- they were designer glasses after all. But he thanked me anyways, and to my surprise he seemed to take a liking towards mine more than the others, I wasn't sure if it was because he genuinely liked it, or to make me feel better about it. But I tried to shake those thoughts away since I was going to give him the greatest gift I could give. My trust. I just had to get him away from the group a little ways then I could tell him.  

I was a bit nervous about it, but I knew in my heart, for some unknown reason, I trusted him. I almost told him yesterday when he stopped by for Thanksgiving Pie. He was all tied up yesterday so he couldn't make it for dinner, but he did come for pie. He stayed a few hours after and I really wanted to tell him, but I couldn't get him away from people... mostly my brother. Who has taken a liking towards him for some odd reason. So I decided to just tell him today at some point. 

Scott came back ruffling my hair saying, "Your up."  

I grimaced. Bowling so wasn't my thing, it wasn't when I was six and it wasn't now. Grabbing the purple bowling ball I lined myself up across the pins. Walking I brought my arm back and release the ball. My hopes of getting a strike plummeted when it once again landed in the gutter. 

Muttering under my breath I went back and grabbed another ball as the lane reset for my second round. Needless to say I only hit one pin. Why did I choose bowling again? Oh yeah, everyone wanted to since they are all good at it. 

"This sucks." I said with a huff sitting down next to Preston. He just smiled at me. 

"At least this is the last round before we go to the movie." He pointed out making me grimace. Again this sucks. 

We had played two games before this. One boys against girls, obviously boys won, and then the second random, and lastly we drew names out of a hat. It was Me, Scott, Preston, and Landon against Sasha, Mike, and Hunter. Luckily they gave us Hunter since they knew how bad I was. 

"That doesn't cheer me up." I groaned and pushed him out of his seat. "Hurry up and win this thing for us so we could go." 

He just laughed and grabbed one of the balls, without hesitating he flung the ball down the lane, hitting a strike. I glared at the pins as they reset themselves. It must be a werewolf thing. Yes! That's it, they are all good because they are werewolves, and have the strength and all that junk. While me... with my wimpy muscles and human strength did squat.  

"And that's how it's done." Sasha said making her last strike, pulling her team in for the win. 

I just rolled my eyes at her, switching my shoes. "Even if you had another player on your team, we would have smoked you." Hunter teased. 

"Ha. Ha." I said. 

"Aw, don't be that way. Your number one in our hearts," Sasha said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I looked at her with a level look before cracking a smile. 

"I know, I suck at bowling, no need to rub it in." I said pushing her hand away so I could tie my shoes. 

"Who's rubbing it in?" Mike said innocently.