Chapter 36

When I entered the room the two Doctors stopped talking and looked up from the book they were looking at. 

"Oh, Dee," Dr. Manor says slowly. "I thought we were going to call Preston when we are done."  

I roll my eyes at this and close the door behind Preston. "He already told me you finished a while ago. I need to know now." I say walking up to them and peering down at the book they are looking through. It was the one she first showed me when I first met her, but flipped to a different page. 

David clears his throat before looking at Dr. Manor. They don't talk, instead David goes back to reading the book and Dr. Manor goes to a table and picks some papers up. 

"Well? Is someone going to tell me?" I ask getting impatient. They don't answer and I feel my irritation spike higher, I see that Preston is about to say something but I don't let him. "I demand you tell me what is going on right now." I growl out, my voice hard as steel. I smile triumphantly when I see them both shudder at the command, it wasn't as much as Sasha's but that's because they haven't sworn the Luna oath. 

I see their surprise at the command and look hesitant at first before Dr. Manor motions me over, spreading the papers out before me as I take a seat on the stool. 

"What are these?" I ask looking down at the different graphs on the table. 

"These are the results." She says pointing to one of the papers. "These are the result in the blood, your blood. You see this line?" She points to a red line that skyrockets up the page, a straight clean line. I nod slowly and peer down at it not understanding the other lines. 

"What does it mean?" I ask. 

"This is wolfs bane in your blood. It has polluted your blood; I believe this is the liquid drink your mother took the night before you were born." She says, "But this line," She points to a blue line that was skyrocketing until violently dropping to the bottom of the chart. "This line is your werewolf blood." She says softly. 

I take a sharp intake of breath and look at her. "So that means-?" I falter not able to finish my sentence. 

She nods sadly at me. "You are a werewolf; your father is a werewolf." She says softly. 

I suck in air and look at her with my eyes wide. She was right, my mom was right. I don't know how to feel about this. Numb, that's what I feel. I bite my lip and take calming breath as I feel Preston wrap his arms around me, helping me calm down. I slowly start to relax in his arms as I breathe in his musky scent. Dr. Manor waits patiently for me to calm down. Focus Dee, you have to focus, freak out later. 

"But, why is it... what does this line mean?" I ask changing the subject. That's right, keep talking get as much information you can get.  

"Your werewolf side was growing within you, almost forming completely until your mother took the drink. As soon as the drink was introduced to your system it dropped like a fly." She says her finger moving along the blue line all the way down the page. "I've noticed that even though it dropped, it's still steady." 

I follow the blue line and notice that on the chart it does still follow the bottom of the page. I bite my lip and take a deep breath. 

"So this means that this wolf is still in me?" I ask slowly. 

"Yes, but your human side dominated your body. Like your mother said, and since you are half human it has kept you alive. If a full-fledged werewolf took this drink for their baby it would have killed the baby instantly. But your wolf is still here, faded but still present." I nod. 

"Why does the blue line go up right here?" I ask pointing to the blue line at the bottom the line bumps up just a little. 

"The wolfs bane in your blood is fading." She says. "The red line doesn't reach the top of the page, it cuts off." She says.