I don't want them to care

Delilah's POV

"Shut the fuck up" Liam hisses dangerously low. I feel Harry tense, but it doesn't stop me from hiding my face with his chest. My panic is slowly building up, rising up. Like when Christmas is getting closer and your tree is slowly being surrounded with gifts. At the beginning only a few, then more and more until Christmas Eve comes around. Its' the same with my panic. As we stand here, my shaking body being carried by a cupcake, the terror is slowly flooding my body. At first slow, but as the gravity of the situation hits me it swarms me faster and faster.

Mike sexually assaulted me, he is capable of doing anything now. He's like a wild horse who was captured, then set free. They will run and run until they are as far away from the 'danger' as possible- unstoppable. It's the same with Mike, no one can stop him now because he finally gave in. The darkness consumed him, and he's going to go crazy while he's still intoxicated with alcohol. Once the venom is out of his system he'll either A. Feel guilty and run away. B. Go crazy and run away. C. Drink more. Just like the wild horse he won't stop until some sense is knocked into him, but who's going to do the honors? Because that would be a suicide mission.

"We have a security team about 100 feet away from us, they are in disguise so you won't see them. One word from any of us three and you'll be dead in a matter of 3 seconds. You might want to re think what you say, do, or even think about doing buddy" Liam sneers, his face completely changing. I've ever seen this side of him in my life, not that I know him for that long anyways.

Yeah, I've know him for only a month but he always has the little puppy face on. Never in a million years I would have thought I'd ever see this side. It's quite scary to be honest. The anger is not even directed to me and he's got me shitting myself -not literally that would be disgusting. I didn't know I mean this much to him. To either one of them.

Did they come out looking for me? I mean, it's the most reasonable explanation. Why else would they be walking around at what, one in the morning? Two in the morning? I don't even know what time it is, I just know it's late- well early.

Of course, since we aren't exactly the closest friends in the world yet, they wouldn't really care about me like that. Let's be real here for a minute and step down from our little cliché cloud. A friendship is built over the time, through experiences and difficulties that were overcame. Sticking together through thin and thick. I'm not going to lie; I do feel like this is the begging of one of those friendships- the real ones. Like, they've already managed to bring out the old me. Not even Tyler, the twins or Caspar where able to do that.

They are great, don't get me wrong. But they met the improved Delilah, not the real one. It's not their fault by any means, it's mine. I decided to change, to be more, to not be worthless. Dying is out of the question, so why not just make a better me?

Dylan would be disappointed, but he knows I changed. He's not stupid, he knows me too well. He's just deciding to keep quiet about it and not bring it up. He's obviously keeping an eye out on the situation, not daring to let it get out of control.

Next thing you know Mike is out of sight. He just started running, not looking back.

"Let's get out of here" Harry mutters, getting a nod from Liam. I keep silently crying, letting my fear drip down my cheeks.

What if he comes back? At this point I'm not even worried about my own safety; I'm worried about this boy's safety. He raped me, he can kill them in the blink of an eye. I shiver at the thought, and Harry's arms tighten around me. He makes me feel safe, but not completely. Not when I know what Mike is capable of.

"It's okay baby girl, I've got you" Harry tenderly says, kissing my forehead. I snuggle deeper in his arms, trying to show him how much I appreciate what he's doing.