Alone

Delilah's POV

"I- I have to take this outside" I stammer and snatch the phone off the table. Not minding the boy's confused expressions I rush outside, already placing the device to my ear.

"Nick?" My voice cracks, but I don't mind. It's my brother we are talking about, and not one like Luke. At all.

"Delilah? Is that you? Oh my god" his strong Aussie accent heavily laced in his familiar voice. I've had countless dreams of his voice, replaying the last words he said before the wreck over and over again.

"Oh my god" a sob escapes my throat, my body slumping forward a bit. I run a hand through my hair and start walking around the tour bus in an attempt to calm down my exaggerated heartbeat.

"Oh my god Delilah, where are you? Why doesn't mom let me see you? Are you okay? Why didn't you ever visited me?" He fires questions at me, and they all catch me off guard. My head start spinning, the world around me blurring. I am forced to sit down, leaning against the bus's ginormous wheel.

"I'm on tour, with Luke and One Direction" I mumble, pressing my hand against my throbbing temple.

"Why didn't you ever visited me?" His words are tinted with hurt, making me even more confused.

"Mum didn't let me. She told me you didn't want to see me either" I bite my lip, blinking hard to keep the tears back.

"Bullshit. I begged mum to bring you to the school" He growls, "Now she won't tell me where you are"

"I'm so sorry" I let the tears fall this time, it's no use trying to hold them back. There are just so many, my water ducts are flooded.

"It's not your fault, sweets. It was a drunk driver" He tells me, and even though we are a thousand miles apart I can practically see his warm smile.

"Nick I miss you so much" I keep on sobbing, longing his embrace.

"Fuck, you don't even know how much I miss you" he replies, only causing my sobs to increase.

"How are you?" I ask, referring to everything he has gone through. I furiously wipe my tears, no doubt smudging my make-up.

"Delilah, I underwent surgery two months ago. I regained my vision, I have to wear glasses though. Recovery was long, and painful to be honest. But my eye-sight was saved"

My eyes widen and this time my whole body stiffens. He can see now? That's impossible.

"You, you aren't blind anymore?" I try to make sense of things, mum had said that he'd be blind forever.

"It was bound to happen, I had to let my eyes heal before anything. I had the surgery to remove any glasses left. Then recovery, then the actual surgery again. Then recovery again. Now, I can see"

Mum lied to me, she never wanted me close to him.

"I got out three weeks ago, when mum didn't tell me where you were I threatened to sue and I hired a private investigator" he lightly chuckles, and suddenly everything falls into place.

Mum couldn't have me in Australia because Nick was looking for me.

"How'd you find me?"

"I had told the PI that there was no way you were out of Aussie. And I didn't tell him much, just your name and a picture. He looked everywhere in Australia, until one day he found a magazine with your picture in it. He asked me if that was you, I said yes. He was a bit mad at the fact that I neglected to tell him you were Luke's sister, seeing it would have been easier to find you that way"