Panic

Delilah’s POV

My breath catches in my throat as Dylan reveals my darkest secret to a room full of the most important people in my life. As Dylan realizes what he just did his hand flies up to cover his mouth.

Too fucking late buddy.

Harry immediately looks at me with a panicked expression, and I catch Louis putting his head in his hands.

I look around the room, where a pin drop can be heard, and look at their expression. My breathing starts increasing as I look at Dylan’s mixed emotions face. Nick’s terrified expression. Luke’s incredulity filled face. Zayn’s pale face. Niall’s distraught face. Liam’s confused face.

My breathing only increases by the second, a tingling sensation rising up from my feet.

No, I’m not ready for this. I’m not ready to tell them. I didn’t want them to find out like this. I was supposed to tell them at my own time, apologize for taking so long, be ready. What am I going to do?

Oh god they are going to hater me forever. I’m going to loose my friendship with them. They are surely repulsed by me.

And my brothers will probably want nothing to do with me.

And Harry will leave me, oh god no.

And Dylan; Dylan probably wants to forget his whole childhood right now.

Tears leak out of my eyes, and the room starts spinning. How will I ever live with myself?

“So it is true?” Dylan shrieks, my tears being all the evidence he needs. “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU DELILAH? WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME?”

I know Dylan is blinded by blind rage, but he is seriously frightening me right now. A small whimper leaves my mouth as I take a step back, looking around the room for help.

Harry is instantly shoving Dylan back, screaming at him with anger flushing his face, “YOU FUCKING PRICK? YOU THINK THIS IS EASY ON HER?”

My eyes widen even more now, my lungs starting to ache from my lack of breathing. I look away and to Nick and Luke, who just stare at me. Suddenly Nick shoves Luke, and hard, flipping ape shit on him.

He screams bloody murder, things along the lines of, ‘You should’ve been there for her!’ and ‘This is all your fault’ and my personal favorite, ‘You caused this’

None of that is true. Luke wasn’t part of my life at the time, he couldn’t have stopped it. They are just playing the blind game here.

As we all know, my family has a history of anger issues, so it comes as no surprise when Luke doesn’t hesitate to stand up for himself.