That's how mankind works

-That's How Mankind Works-

Harry’s POV

“Is Delilah still sleeping?” Niall whines from his temporal place on Liam’s lap.

“I don’t know” I shrug, my lips parting to let out a yawn. I rub my eyes and blink several times to get rid of the sleepiness. We’ve been launching around waiting for Delilah to come back to life after being knocked out. We all are eager to find out why the hell her mom brought her back so suddenly. It’s currently 11:30, and she got here at 9:30- right after the concert.

“You should know, you are her boyfriend” He rolls his eyes at me, and I let out a laugh.

“I’ll check” I say standing up, and then heading to the bunk beds. The bus suddenly takes a turn and I am sent flying to the ground.

“Ouch” I mutter as me elbows collides with the carpeted floor and my knee takes most of the impact. There should be some kind of warning before every turn, seriously I can’t live getting bruises every day. Next thing you know I’m breaking something.

“You okay?” I look up to see Delilah rushing to my aid, her knees soon connecting to the floor as she gets down checking on me.

“Yeah” I nod and let her help me stand up. She gently grabs my arm, and uses her strength to pull me up. “You are awake” I point out.

“I noticed” She chuckles, “Does anything hurt?”

“I think I just bruised my knee a little, but I’m fine” I wrap my arm around her shoulder and pull her close. She snakes her hands around my waist and rests her head on my chest, my chin immediately being placed on top of her head.

“You’re so warm and cozy” She hugs me tighter, almost making me lose my breath.

“Probably because I’m so tired” I tell her, which is true. I didn’t get much sleep last night after arriving, and we woke up today extra early to go to an interview. Today’s been hectic, interview, a photo-shoot, a long meeting with management about how I’m ‘Oh so irresponsible’, rehearsals and then the concert.

“Go to sleep then” She looks up at me, and her eyes shine with contempt. She’s probably happy to be out of her mother’s death stares and judgmental remarks.

“What about you? Are you tired? I can stay awake” I lie to her, I can’t stay awake. My eyes are literally dropping right this second, and my head feels like it’s about ready to explode. I just don’t feel well all in all, obviously from exhaustion.

“No you can’t you idiot” She rolls her mesmerizing big eyes and takes my hand in hers, the electric shock not failing to make it’s appearance, and leads me to the bunk beds.

Del leans down and pulls out grey joggers from the cabinet, I think either mine or Lou’s, and hands them to me.

“Get changed” She smiles and walks to Niall’s bed, because it’s the bottom bed, and sits down.

“Why did you get here so soon, baby?” I ask her as I take my shirt off. A blush creeps her way to Delilah’s cheeks as she stares at my bare half. I grin at her and try not to laugh, which only makes her blush even more.

“I don’t know to be honest” She chuckles watching as I take off my shoes and belt. “She just appeared at Dylan’s doorstep and literally grabbed me and drove me to the airport. I didn’t even say bye to Dyl”

“You two okay now though?” I ask taking off my skinny jeans and pulling on the joggers.  I crunch down and pick up my dirty clothes, throwing them on the dirty clothes bin.