Chapter 10

Hello! Can I just say that I'm in love with Lemonade Mouth and Bridgit Mendler, omg. Anywho... Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 10
Her POV

I stirred and pulled the covers up to my chin, feeling the light rays of sunshine gently caressing my face. I turned my head to the side and pulled the pillow closer to me.

It was unusually hard for a pillow. And quite warm too. I'll have to tell Mom later to replace the pillows with soft ones, I thought. Then I remembered that my Mom wasn't here and I'm definitely sure that I slept alone last night. My eyes shot open and I was met by an incredibly angelic face.

And I'm not even exaggerating.

I was staring up at a serene expression, just as calm as the sea. Long eyelashes fluttered against angular cheekbones. His brown hair was messy and all over his face, lips were slightly wet and parted. He stirred and his eyes shot open, which instantly fell on me. He rubbed his left eye and gave me a coy smile, my eyes softened and I almost returned a grin when I saw that he wasn't wearing any shirt on.

Therefore displaying his bare chest at me, which I stared at openly. I thanked the deities above that Nick wasn't the bulky type, but there were muscles. He had the body of surfer's, with obvious hints of strength underneath. My eyes grew wide when the thought of Nick shirtless in my bed sunk in my head and I let out a piercing scream. I watched him scramble on the bed and put his large hand on my mouth to clamp it shut while his arm wound around me.

"Damn, you just woke up the whole country." He said, voice rough and I involuntarily shivered. He tensed up and stared directly in my eyes and slowly got his hand off of my mouth.

"Wha-?" I frantically started but cut myself off, he was about to answer me but I spoke up again.

"What happened? Why are you here? In my room? Without a shirt on and in my bed?" I asked him in one breath and immediately, various scenarios started to appear in my head and I started to jump into conclusions. I instantly lifted the covers up and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw that I had my sweatpants and cotton singlet on. I looked back at him and saw that he was fighting the urge to smile in amusement.

"Calm down, it was uncomfortable sleeping on your couch. I barely fit in it and I wouldn't do such a thing to you. That'd be a bit awkward." He explained with a shrug. I was about to question him again but stopped when he pulled me closer to him. I squirmed under his hold but he just furrowed his brows at me and buried his head to the side of my neck. My heart fluttered at his affection.

It had almost been a month since the incident at the McCane's house and Nick has again started to treat me like a fragile China doll. He did the same thing after the whole ordeal back in Hawaii. Of course, I hated every bloody second of it and called him out about it just two weeks ago. All I got was an impish smile and an explanation that he couldn't help it.

It wasn't like I never appreciated his efforts. In fact, the tender way that he's handled me even resulted to a few blushes. Said blushing didn't escape the girls' sharp eyes and surprisingly enough, Luke's as well. He would even stare at me with the faintest traces of a smirk gracing his lips.

The encounter put a strain to Nick and I's friendship, which was to be expected, but things slowly became normal again. If I was to be honest, it even gave way to something I couldn't quite name yet. It was like a rubber band getting pulled to its limit, just before it snapped.

And no, I'm not describing an orgasm. Damn, Luke.

"We heard a scream. Open up!" I heard Jason and Scarlette's voice outside and Nick snapped his head to the door's direction, slightly glaring at it. While the two banged on the door, I used the opportunity to get his arms off of me and jumped off the bed.