Chapter 7

cover is made by aciddaisies_ c:
Read, Vote, Comment, Be a Fan, Enjoy!

Chapter 7
Her POV

Have you ever experienced being so confused? Confused to the point that your mind is whizzing with questions and you just want to rip a chunk of hair from your head? I've got a fair share of those moments in the last 3 years. Fair share meaning everyday. And I think you've guessed why.

Math.

I never liked Math. At all. And I know that I will never like it anytime soon in the future. But believe it or not, I was once a Math Wizard back in elementary. I was exceptionally good in this subject filled with numbers and equations. Until they decided to add the alphabet to the equations, everything went downhill from there. To be honest, I don't know how I passed the subject.

Oh okay, maybe I copied some of Scarlette and Carly's homeworks. Hell, okay maybe I copied their quiz answers too but that's the end of it, unless I forgot some other things I did. But that's not the point. The point is, Math makes me confused to the point where I want to rip a chunk of hair from my pretty little head. Just like the situation in front of me.

•••

"Mate." He said and my eyes widened with shock and confusion.

"Wha-" I didn't finish because the man who cried mate growled at me. His eyes flamed in fury.

Was he talking to me? I think so because he is looking at me. Was he addressing me as his mate? Mate. The word sounded so foreign on my lips. How come he knows I was his mate? How come I don't know I was his mate? Was that the reason his eyes held anger in them? I gulped when he released another growl and he walked in a fast pace towards me, was he going to attack me? Is this how you reject your mate?

I braced myself for the pain, literally and figuratively. But my body was suddenly jolted backwards and a hand was firmly placed on the back of my neck and another hand held my wrists. I was facing his hard chest.

Nick.

If I wasn't in this situation, I would've pushed and kicked him because his hand gripped my wrist so tight that it hurt.

"Alpha Mason." Nick said and I leaned my forehead on his chest, doing my best not to shake and fall to my knees. I breathed through my mouth, in and out. Nick stiffened.

"Alpha Nick." The guy acknowledged, his tone lighter and it sounded like the two of them were friends. "Please step away from the lady and let me punish her." He spoke and my breath hitched. What?

"She means no harm Mason, she will not interfere with you and your mate." Nick told him with clenched teeth.

"And how do you know that? She stood in between us and my mate just seconds ago. We all know what that means." He said clearly controlling his anger, Nick's body tensed further and his hand that was once at the back of my neck dropped to my waist.

"This is all a misunderstanding Mason," he explained and continued, "because she's mine." He exclaimed and I gasped. Nick is my mate? What the fuck is going on?

"Let me go." I firmly whispered, making sure I was serious.

"Just go with what I'm doing or you'll die." He whispered so low and leaned closer to me. It took all of my power to resist shivering when his breath tickled my ears, I sighed.

To the others it may have looked like he was comforting me, just as any mate should. It must've been convincing because after a few beats of silence, he removed the hand on my waist and I heard the sound of heavy footsteps going farther away. I vaguely remember nodding my head to Luke and Scarlette's questioning, but I'm not so sure.