Chapter 18

Chapter 18

The ball was in full swing. People ball room dancing, and having run. I had turns dancing with Cole and Chris but my heels are killing me. I sat down at the edge and watch them socialising with their guests.

"Are you having fun?" I jumped at the voice and realised there behind me was my father.

"Dad, I have not seen you all day." I said standing up to have him welcome me into his arms.

"I know princess. Or queen…" he said chuckling and looking away.

"No dad, I'll always be your princess." I said with a soft smile. Everyone would have to call me queen, but I was my father's princess.

"How does it feel?" He asked me. I gave him a confused look.

"How does what feel?"

"Being queen."

"I feel different, but once the blood is around my body, I will feel different… that’s what they said anyway."

"It is true; you will get powers that no one else will have. You will have to figure them out on your own and with your mates. But you will be the most powerful queen because you are princess by birth, a queen by fate. Two blood mixed is a gift, never had before." He said.

"What do you mean? How do you know that?" I asked doubtfully.

"It is your destiny." He said leaving before my mates came to my side. That was the weirdest conversation I have ever had with my father.

"Can we go for a walk?" I asked them. I'm guessing here was not the place to talk about this. They gave me a confused look but held my hands and led me outside to walk around the grounds.

"What's on your mind Nica?" The way Cole said my name still brought shivers through me, I thought I would be over it by now…

"Something my dad just said, about being powerful because I am double royalty."

"You will be a great queen. You will feel more in power when the blood goes around your body. It has to reach every part of your body before you feel the difference." Chris told me.

"But what was my father saying?" I asked.

"You are destined for greatness Nica, You me and Chris will lead us out of hiding our nature. Your strength is what will get everyone through it. Remember we told you about letting the world know of our existence?" He waited to get a response from me.

"Yes, the night we had dinner." I said nodding my head.

"Yes, we are not going to do it on our own, and we will need your strength to do it, as queen you will be by our side. You will need extraordinary powers to fulfil the role." He said. I began to understand. They needed my full strength so that we could be safe to be who we are. There will be no more hunters and that was going to be because of my mates.

"No Nica, us. It will be because of us." Cole said smiling down at me. That’s when I felt dizzy, my legs gave way and I crumbled into the arms of my mates. I was knocked out cold. I felt myself slipping slowly, after hearing the commotion going on around me. My mates were whispering in my ears, telling me to stay with them, but my body wanted to shut down. I felt my body shake; I could hear my screams, though I felt no pain.

Suddenly I felt calm.

And the darkness was all around me.

***