Chapter 13- Flirting on the field

"We're using a SOFTBALL!" We all screamed in unison.

"No we're NOT!" All the guys screamed back.

So were not going to win this argument easily. I give a look to Rose that says 'I have a plan' and she passes it on to the other girls. We all got in a little circle to block the boys from hearing us.

"Sweet talk them." I said with a wink and we all disbursed. Rose was up first.

"Babe, We can use a softball right?" She says sweetly wrapping her arms around Shane's neck. Did I mention they're dating? He tries to hold his ground by not showing any affection but Rose shoots him a puppy dog face and he whispers to her "Of course we can baby." He places a kiss on her cheek.

1 down 3 to go.

Next is Rachel. She struts up to Chase, and he has his arms crossed probably thinking shes going to try to hug or kiss him. Nope. She just puts her hands on his shoulders and whispers something in his ear. His eyes go wide and they are filled with worry. "I-I'm good with using a softball." He stutters out and Rachel smirks.

One part of me is wondering what she said to him, but the other part of me is like nope.

2 down 2 to go.

Grace looks to me as if asking if I was going next or her. I gave her a look saying 'Your first.' She pops her knuckles and I look to Josh to see him giving me a confused look. Poor guy, his friends are dropping like flies to my friends.

Grace stalks toward Ryan and he gives Josh a look of panic. Josh straightens his shoulders as if saying 'man up'. Grace places her hands on Ryan's chest and says "We're using the softball." He flinches under her touch and is trying to remain strong by shaking his head no. She giggles as she moves her hands up to wrap around his neck. She whispers something that looks like please and he caves.

3 down 1 to go.

It was my turn now and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. See, me and Josh aren't dating unlike everyone else so I don't know how to go with this. Plus, if anyone hadn't noticed I'm extremely ungraceful.

After what happened with my dad I eventually had to come home and apologize. I convinced him that Josh and I were just friends and that he was helping me practice. And so technically I'm not allowed to do what I'm about to.

I walked up and Josh gave me a smirk. He thinks he's going to win. I giggled to my self and grabbed his hands. His eyes went wide and I brought him closer. My face was inches from his and I could tell his breath hitched. I was moving my face closer and closer to his and I could feel his heart beat pounding in his chest. He shut his eyes obviously thinking he was getting a kiss. Wrong.

I quickly maneuvered my face around and put my mouth next to his ear. I breathed against his neck and I could feel him shiver. I slightly smiled to myself knowing I could make him feel this. I left him in suspense for a few more seconds before I whispered "Your out ruled; were using the softball." For further measure I nipped at his ear before placing a softball in his hands and moving away.

We all cheered and the boys sat there dumb struck. I chuckled at Josh's gaze and threw his glove at him. He recovered and caught it without trouble. 

"Its on Colier!" He yelled as he backed up to throw with me. Everyone else did the same and we began to warm each other up.

One hour later 

"Your not tired right boys?" Rose said with a smirk.

All the boys groaned in response and we chuckled.

See, if you question a guys "man hood" they will do just about anything to prove you wrong. They were all currently spread out in the outfield catching every ball we hit. Did I mention we were all hitting at the same time?

Its hilarious seeing them scramble around like this.

Rachel held her hands up for all of us to stop. The boys were all in centerfield for some reason so she knocked the poo out of it.

I'm honestly not sure how she knew they were all going to go for it, but it was genius.

They all scrambled to get it before it went over the fence. Because they all wanted to prove they were the "manliest" none of them called it. Idiots.

All the sudden you hear a huge SMACK followed with a THUD. We all looked up to see the boys sprawled around with the ball over the fence.

We sat there rolling on the floor with tears of laughter streaming down our cheeks before we realized they weren't getting up.

Apparently we all noticed at the same time and ran as fast as we could to the strange boys we hang out with. 

All my friends went to their boyfriends while I awkwardly kneeled down to a crippled Josh.

"Hey," I say poking him "You okay?"

No answer.

"Hey big dummy!" I say poking a little harder.

No answer.

Fine. Two can play at that game.

"Oh Joshie, Will you ever so get up so I can kiss that delicious face of yours?" I say in a girly dreamy way.

He immediately shoots up with an excited expression.

"HAHA! YOU FELL FOR THAT DING DONG!" I screeched tackling him back to the floor. 

We both tried to wrestle for a while and I ended up on top. I'm pretty sure he let me though..

"Hey Colier." Josh says with a wink. I blush and say "Yes Josh?" He suddenly wraps his arms around my waist and get close to my face.

Like an idiot, I froze. "I'm not sure if you noticed or not," He pauses and flips me over so he's on top "You were just flirting with me while practicing." Before I could respond, He places a kiss on my cheek and stands up in a flash.

I just lied there watching him walk over to where the rest of the group was. I smiled and touched my cheek.

He kissed me.  

 Chapter status - Unedited