Chapter 21- Put me down big dummy

"Earth to Anna!" Rachel screamed, softball in hand. "Oh, sorry." I apologized blushing.

She then threw the ball to me and we resumed our game of catch.

Rachel, Rose, Grace, and I were all in Rachel's backyard practicing. We have been practicing non stop for the past three days, we really need to win all of our games. The UGA scouts will only be at the championship game. Therefore we are all determined to be a part of that game.

"I can't believe Elizabeth is on third now!" Grace complained. "I know, Janice is obviously a better third baseman. I really don't get why coach is making all of these changes." Rachel continued.

I looked to Rose because she was being quiet, I mean when is she ever quiet? "What do you think Rose?" I questioned, snapping her out of her daze. The worried look of her face gave her away. She knows something and she needs to spill.

I looked to my other two friends and they had a look on their face saying they knew the same thing I did.

"Spill." We all said simultaneously. She blushed, then spoke "I think coach is going to replace me pitching." I gave her a retarded face. 

"Yeah right!" I screeched, "Your the best pitcher we got, why would he want to replace you? Plus he knows how well we work together so he knows he wouldn't want to mess up our 'vibe'." I continued, wiggling my brows and doing a weird jig during the word vibe.

"Have none of you guys noticed how he hasn't warmed me up in practice or anything?" She answered sending a worried glance our ways.

We all jumped when a new voice joined the conversation. Well, lets be real.. We all had a total spaz attack.

"Babe, if your coach knows what's best for the team, he will put you in. If not, he will learn from his mistake and put you in soon." Shane reassured her, walking up from behind wrapping his arms around rose's waist.

A bunch of 'AWWWW's went around and the adorable couple standing a few feet in front of me rolled their eyes.

"Oh sweet love!" Rachel yelled in a sing song voice. I laughed and Grace had a strange look on her face. "What are you looking all constipated about?" I asked poking her face.

"Oh ha ha." She said sarcastically. "I wanted to know, WHERE IS MY RYAN FACE?!" She screeched suddenly, looking around frantically.

Ryan then appeared around the side of the house and wrapped his arms around Graces waist. "I'm right here you weirdo." She giggled and placed a kiss on his jaw.

I looked around to see Rachel having a little cuddle session with Chase. I huffed a large breath. "Where's my boyfriend?" I mumbled to my self.

I suddenly smiled. Oh come on Anna, your suppose to be grumpy! Your boyfriends not here! I thought to myself.

The smile returned.

Oh sue me. It's impossible not to smile when thinking about your boyfriend. I HAVE A BOYFRIEND! I began happy dancing in the middle of no where at the thought of him.

I felt hands go around my waist, stopping me in my tracks. Josh's scent filled my thoughts making me smile.

"Thinking about me?" Josh whispered in my ear. I blushed "Maybe."

I was suddenly thrown over his shoulder, causing me to let out an extremely girly shriek. "Hm, never heard that come out of you before." Josh said, humor lacing his voice.

"Put me down you big dummy, we're suppose to be practicing. So would you PLEASE PUT ME DOWN!" I said making sure to scream in his ear.

"Geese Anna, do you mind not being so loud? I'll let you down when we get to your house." He replied patting my butt that was no doubt in his face.

I flicked his ear just to be annoying and asked "Why the heck are we going to my house?"

He chucked a little before replying. "You need to get ready." He paused when I grabbed his face and gave him a confused one.

"You have to get ready for our first date."

 Chapter status - Unedited