Chapter 41

I'm gonna do a third person view for one part in this chapter since I kinda wanna let yall see a bit of Brie's POV. But it won't be directly from her POV since I don't know how a toddler's thought process actually works lol.

Anywho first we gonna back track a bit....

One day earlier

*****************
August

I made ma way into da vehicle still pissed at ma self at what went down wit Mikaela a few moments ago. My face still stung from the brunt of ha slap, and ma mind was reelin'.

I hit da steering wheel out of anger as I picked up ma phone and called Miracle's number?

Hey this is Miracle. I can't get to the phone so leave a message.

"You a real fuckin piece a work," I began but exhaled deeply realising I ain't really have no one to blame but ma self.

"Ya know what fuck you and fuck off," I ended da message abruptly.

I'd gone home wit da intention of makin things right wit Mikaela, but na dat was impossible. I knew I needed ta give her some time befo tryin ta talk wit ha again.

Just I was bout ta start up da engine I heard a text come through on ma phone. I looked over seein it was a message from Benna, who I was supposed ta go meet up with afta' he got hold of Mikaela's pops.

Benna- Yung that nigga didn't come through here. He must've stopped off somewhere cause we would've seen him by now.

I exhaled sharply thinkin shit just kept gettin' worse today. If Mr Montgomery disappeared without a trace, our chances of findin Brie mighta disappeared with him.

I pushed da start button, preparin' ta follow his tracks and hopefully find da nigga...

***************
Present day

Omniscient

"Can I go see mommy and daddy now?" Abrianna asked from the passenger seat of her assailant's vehicle.

"I told you tomorrow dear. Remember mommy and daddy are busy working?" The tall body gave her a little smile to try to reassure her.

"But you tols me I would see mommy and daddy a long time ago," Brie semi whined.

She kept hearing this word "tomorrow" but usually tomorrow's would come when she went to sleep then woke up, like her mother would tell her.

The driver of the vehicle sighed. It had been about a month with this child and she was slowly driving them crazy.

"I promise. Tomorrow Abrianna. You'll see your parents," they lied again to Brie.

Brie huffed sofly before turning her attention to outside the window.
She usually didn't go out but from all the kids in costumes as they drove by, she realised that today was Harrowee. The day her mother would dress her up in a pretty costume, then she and her dad would go collecting candy at people's houses.

"Can I get a cosume too?" She looked over and asked hopefully.

"A costume? For what?" They asked growing slightly annoyed. Brie talked a lot, and all they were trying to do was get her to the new safe house as planned.

Abrianna nodded, " so we can go get candies tonight"

"No pumpkin. Your parents didn't leave you a costume to go trick or treating. I'm sowwy"

Brie couldn't comprehend this but she remembered her mother would always give her a choice in things, when she couldn't have both.

"Okay. But can I get some candies?" she said hoping that she would at least get some sweet stuff even without getting a costume.