Chapter 22

You used to, you used to....

I sang as I picked up my hair brush.

You used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you neeeddd myyy loveee

Call me on my cell phone
Late night when you needdd myyy loveee

I began rocking my hips back and forth to the music on August's beats pill, while singing into the mirror with my hair brush

I know when that hotline bling!
That could only mean one thing!

I continued my bathroom performance with myself.

Ever since I left the city YOU-

"You sure are damn Skippy this morning," Dawn's voice interrupted me sending me into a frenzy.

I jumped sending the hair brush into the mirror, before it slightly ricocheted and struck me on my forehead.

"Fuck! D..." I rubbed where the brush handle had hit me, as it fell to the floor.

Dawn stood there laughing at the commotion I had just caused, " sorry. I called you from out front but ya damn music was so loud yo ass didn't hear me,"

I was in my office's bathroom and although I knew Dawn was coming through, I didn't expect to see her so soon.

"So for once when I asked you how far you were, you weren't lying?" I smirked. She always would say she was 5 mins away, or just around the corner. When in reality she had yet to leave her house.

She was still semi laughing at me, " girl that's when we gon chill. This"

She pointed her index finger to the floor motioning, " this here is biznaee"

She was referring to the fact that Kelly Rowland had complimented me on my outfit and was interested in the store that I had got it from. And of course it was one of Dawn's finest.

"Okay, so I gave her your contact info, and she said she's thinking of coming by the store here next Wednesday," I explained to Dawn as we re-entered my office.

"Shiid. I'm gon half to pull out the big guns on this...tell Ale we need to put out that new new exclusive shit," she nodded in agreement with what she was saying.

I smiled at her, " just relax D. Everything's gonna be alright"

She raised an eyebrow at me, "did yo ass start listening to Bob Marley or somethin?"

I scoffed a little, " why would you think that?"

"Cause you seem to be on that Pharrell shit," she kept looking at me as if she was trying to figure something out.

"What are you talking about?" I continued to smile at her, as I leaned forward and rested an elbow on my desk, and my Palm under my chin.

She looked me up and down, "August fucked the daylights outta you didn't he?"

She accused me.

"What? Nooo. " I said trying to fight back my laughter

"Why the fuck you lyinggg?" She sang

"I'm not Dawn!" I said chuckling now.

"He didn't fuck me....we just happened to make love this morning," I finished off my sentence still feeling giddy.

She rolled her eyes at me, " whatever hoe. Give me that phone number for Ms Kelly would ya. I need to get back to the store and start my spring cleaning,"