Chapter 27

August

"Yeen wanna eat outchea wit daddy?" I looked down at Brie and asked ha

She shook ha head wit ha plate of fruit in hand, "I wants to eat with paw paw...and thank you daddy"

And wit dat, she spun and began walkin in his direction.

I looked on in astonishment.

"She sho' do love her grand daddy don't she," ma mama came and looked as she sat wit him on da patio table outside.

"Yea. Got a nigga feelin some typa way," I admitted befo bitin' into a slice of pineapple.

Ma mama chuckled then smirked, "us grandparents just spoil em so they got no reason not to love us"

"Yeah yeah whatever, " I fanned ha off playfully

I was happy dat Brie and Mr Montgomery were so close but a nigga was kinda jealous dat his babygirl wanted ta spend all ha time wit him....

"Imma take ha to toys r us...just da two of us. I think we all could use a lil father-daughter time," I explained to ma mama as I gently pointed my head over at Mikaela.

"Good idea...Imma stick around to ensure that it happens," she winked at me, also gettin in on da plan.

********************
Mikaela

"Babeh," I heard as I looked up from my laptop in my home office.

"I promised Brie I'd get ha a new toy so we bout ta head on over ta Toys R Us and get sum'n" August explained from the doorway.

"Oh, I'm almost done. I could stop by the grocery store and get some pork chops for din-"

"Nah ma, it's coo. Take ya time. Imma pick us up somethin' fa dinner," he cut me off and insisted

"You been workin so hard, Yeen need ta hustle and cook fa a nigga tonight," he said as he walked up and placed a kiss on my forehead

I gave him a soft smile. I loved when he was this considerate, even for the simple things as dinner.

"Okay babe. You two have fun then," I said back to him as he nodded and left out.

I got back into my work, until about 45 minutes or so later. When the intercom rang.

"Hey," I said as I ended my final sentence in my document.

"Mikaela sweetie. Could you come help me with this fancy home entertainment system of yall? I'm tryna connect ma phone to the surround sound," Ms Sheila's voice came across the speakers saying.

"Yeah sure. I'll be down in a second," I told her as I saved my files and closed the laptop.

****************
I strolled to the living room area seeing August's mother struggling with some cords.

"What you gonna do? Demonstrate how Sheila got her groove?" I smirked and said as she spun around to face me.

She smiled as I noticed my dad entering the room from the hallway.

"Your old man over hea' keep arguing with me that lyrics ta a song by Anita Ward is somethin that it's not," she gave him a little neck roll before they both laughed.

"Ms Sheila, I'm telling you she said "We'll look back" and not well lay back like you're thinking...I know, I was enchanted by Anita so much her mother forbid me from listening to the song while around her," he said as he chuckled at the thought.

I giggled cause that sounded like my mom. Always lowkey jealous...kinda like me I thought.

"Who is Anita Ward anyway?" I questioned as I plugged up Ms Sheila's phone.