Her True Feelings

Stan's pov

I sat on my porch, pretty late at night. I had a lot on my mind and for my age, was too much. My ex best friend broke up with my ex girlfriend, who I still loved, and I desperately wanted to be with her. However, I hadn't had the chance to talk to her and it tore me up.

I sighed and looked up, staring at my neighbors house, looking sad but mysterious from the moonlight. I smiled slightly, just enjoying the subtly of it. A small breeze blows through me and I shiver, bringing me back to my sadness and problems. I spent about ten minutes, just glaring at the ground before looking up once more and seeing the person I'd been missing.

"Hello Stan." Wendy said sitting next to me "How are you?"

I stared at her for a few minutes before getting out of my trance. "Hey Wendy, it's nice to see you again."

"Stan I know this is straight to the point but..." She took a deep breath "I know you heard about Kyle breaking up with me and well I want to tell you why."

I grew curious and scooted closer to her. I smiled kindly, trying to be calm, even though my heart was pounding. "Why?"

She sighed and looked at me, brushing my bangs out of my face. "He wanted me, to be with you, since he saw how I still love you."

My expression didn't change, but my heart rate increased by so much, I so wanted Wendy back and I was going to have her. "So, does this mean....you want to be my girlfriend again?"

She smiled and then it faded. She looked away from me and then looked back. It seemed like she was having trouble speaking or telling me what she wanted. Wendy finally let out a deep sigh before holding my hand.

"No."

My heart dropped. I felt my eyes water and I quickly turned away from her. I was so sure that she would say yes, but I was rejected and it felt terrible. "Why? Am I not good enough?"

"No Stan you're amazing." She said "And I know this sounds cliché, but it's me, not you."

I wiped my tears a bit angrily, turning back to her. "Can you tell me how?"

"Because I don't want to date right now." She said "This whole thing ruined a friendship so strong and we well, I wasn't feeling right or happy about anything. I love you but I also like Kyle. I don't want to move from person to person because I don't need to, and I don't think you do either. Kyle still loves you, you guys are like brothers and you need to fix that relationship, not worry about me, I think that we should just take a break from relationships, we're just kids after all."

"But..." I said taking everything she said all in. "I really like you and I feel like we could have a happy relationship, I really miss you."

She squeezed my hand tighter. "I miss you too, I enjoy being with you but a lot happened and I just need a break, but maybe in the future, we could start again."

My face brightened and I looked at her intently. "Really?"

"Yes," She said "But until then, you have a certain super best friend, to apologize to."

I nodded and we shared a final kiss. I sighed sadly, watching her walk away. Once I could no longer see her, I stood up and went to Kyle's house.