Bury Me In Black (8)

Bury Me in Black (8)

I glared over at the nurse, she stood whispering to the doctor centimetres away from me; thinking I wouldn't hear. I wanted to rip the needles out of me; I wanted to find my brother. They all lied to me, everyone. Even my family and friends, they said they were trying to find Mikey but I knew they weren't. The nurse turn to me, she held the clipboard up to her chest as the doctor left.

"So how are you feeling?" She asked looking over at the heart machine.

Oh I'm fine, just dying of fucking cancer! I wanted to say that, I wanted scream at everyone but I knew I wouldn't. I couldn't, it wasn't me. I looked down at the white blanket that was wrapped tightly around me. 

I question popped into my head, I didn't know how but it managed to slip out from my lips. "How long is it until I die?" I asked looking up at her. 

She looked surprised, she also looked panicked. Hm, was I going to die sooner? I thought, probably knowing my luck. She looked down at the clipboard, Oh it has my death date on a piece- My thoughts were interrupted by the door opening. My eyes shot over to be hide the nurse and their stood, my grandmother; Elena. I felt my face lit up, I loved my grandma so much. She taught me so much; it was a surprise to see her though.

She walked over to me, smiling. "Oh gee!"

"Grand!" I smiled as she cuffed her hands around my face and kissed me on the forehead.

The nurse looked down, nodding and walked off out the door. I didn't mind though, I looked back up at my Grand as she took a seat.

I pushed myself up, so that I wasn't lying down. "How did you know I was here?"

She put her bag down beside her, putting her hands in her lap and smiled. "Mikey came over to my house," 

Wait! She knows were Mikey is? That's brilliant! We found him! Well, grand did anyway. I looked back at the door to see if Mikey was there but no. The door was such tightly.

"Where is Mikey?" I asked hoping she'd know.

"He's in the cafe getting some coffee," She explains.

I wanted to jump out for joy, he was here! I don't think I'd ever been this excited to see a person, maybe because I spent all night worrying about him. Mikey was my brother and best friend, I looked back over at my Grand.

"Oh yeah! Before I forget, happy 19th birthday." She congratulated. 

I forgot all about opening Mikey's present, I quickly turn to my other side. There it sat, all wrapped up. I turn back over to Grand; she was digging through her bag. She grabbed something and pulled it out. It was a small little red box with a black bow on it. She put her bag down and handed it too me.

"That’s for you," She smiled.

I felt bad in a way; she was always such a sweet person. I nodded opening it, inside the box was a sliver watch. It picked it up, smiling.

"It's-" She cut me off.

She pointed at the inside of the watch, "Read the inside," 

I did as she said, reading it. To Gee, may your dreams come true. Love Grand x. I smiled seeing that, although the writing was extremely small I loved it. It was probably one of the greatest gifts I'd ever gotten. 

"Thank you so much," I thanked her.

She smiled; I reached out for her to hug me. She smiled, sitting up from her seat and hugged me. I pulled out of the hug, hearing the door open. Mikey walked in, holding two cups of coffee staring down at the floor. 

I smiled, "Mikey!" I gasped.

He jumped a little, looking up. He smiled too and rushed over to me, putting the cups beside my bed.

"Gee!" He threw his arms around me, holding me tightly.

I hugged him tightly, resting my head on his shoulder. He pulled out of the hug; his smile vanished off his face.

"You still haven't opened your present." He mumbled. 

Damn it. I quickly turn to my side, grabbing the present and placed it on my lap. The box was rectangle and wrapped in blue and black striped wrapping paper. 

"I was waiting for you," I smiled. 

Mikey's face lit up again, he grabbed the plastic blue chair that was shoved into the far corner. He sat down and waited, excitedly. Mikey was always the one to make a fuss over birthday's, he was worse than Mom. Mikey nodded, I looked down at the present and started unwrapping it. After all the wrapping paper was off, I open the box. Inside was a full drawing set, pencils of all different sizes, rubbers, rulers, and books on what to draw. I looked up at Mikey; I put the drawing set down. 

I threw my arms around his neck, "Thank you so much Mikes'.

I walked along the broken streets, feeling empty. The sky was grey and cloudy; the buildings that surrounded me were broken into pieces and smashed to the ground. Ash floated in the air, as did the smell of smoke. I heard the sound of a drum, I looked around but nothing. I was all alone, I was sure I'd seen this place before though. I looked down at the ground, suddenly everything went dark. My head shot up, I was now in a cold dark alleyway with a flickering light at the end. I heard a scream, I heard Mikey scream. 

I ran to where the screaming came from, "Mikey!" 

He didn't reply, he just screamed again. I felt something claw at my back, I didn't know whether to turn around that's until it wrapped its arms around me; holding me tight. I began to panic, I couldn't breathe. I heard Mikey scream again, but this time it came from be hide me. I hit the 'monster's' arms, hoping it would release me.

Mikey screamed again, my name this time. I tried gasping for air,” I’m coming Mikes'," I managed to get out breathlessly. 

Its grip only seems to get tighter though, I felt myself only getting weaker. I failed; I failed trying to save Mikey. I felt tears slip from my eyes, and then Mikey appeared in front of me. His face was covered in blood, I noticed a dark shadow appear from be hide him. It smiled, holding a knife in the air. Before I could do anything, it stabbed him, I watched him as he fell to the floor. Blood poured from his chest and back-

"Gerard!"

My eye's shot open to a bright light, I looked around the room seeing nurses crowd around me. The nurses all rushed around the room, grabbing various equipment and plugging it in. I pushed myself up, feeling a sharp pain grow in my chest.

"Mikey! Where's Mikey?" I asked pushing my hair and sweat out of my eyes and looked around. 

The nurse pushed me back down, "Your brother’s fine."

I heard aloud beeping sound, my eyes slowly starting to shut. 

"No, where loosing him again. C'mon Gerard, stay with us." A nurse said lightly tapping my cheek. 

I nodded, drifting off. The beeping noise only seemed to get louder, the lights only dimmer though. Everyone’s voice faded out but the beeping, I was surrounded by darkness. 

"He's gone..." I soft voice said in the distance. 

A/N: To be honest, I really hate this chapter.