Bury Me In Black (5)

Bury Me in Black (5) 

I felt like screaming, hitting something. Anger rushed through my body; I glared over at the doctor. I wiped the last tear of my cheek and turn to Mikey and Dad. Their eyes were bloody shot red, similar to how I looked that night. I hadn't stopped crying since, but now I was angry. Not at the doctors or anything, I was angry at me.

The doctor stared down at the pieces of paper, and then looked up at us. "I'm really sorry,"

It should have been me, I should have died. This is my fault, me and my shitting cancer. I repeated in my mind, I would never see Mom again. I felt a lump grow in my throat, I was going to cry. 

"I'll leave you 3 alone," The doctor said, placing a tissue in front of us, and then walking out the room.

Oh yeah, like a tissues going to help. I sobbed even louder, my face in my palms. I felt my Dad hug both of us; I hugged him back, as did Mikey.

"I'm sorry boys,"

Why was Dad sorry? It was my fault, oh God. I could never live this down, never. I should die, I should have died but no, it had to be Mom.

I stopped up and grabbed my crutches, wiping the tears and sniffing. Mikey was still on the chair crying, I heard him mumbling something. This is too much, for both of them. Me having cancer, Mom dying. If I die, then-

"G-gee?" I heard Mikey sobbed.

I knelt down, looking up at him. My body still shook from crying, I wiped more tears away. 

"Yes Mikes'?" I answered. 

He moved his hands away from his eyes, they were the most red I'd ever seen. Dad stood be hide him, crying too.

"You can't die," He explains. "You promise me?"

I felt like someone had just kicked me in the stomach, I couldn't promise that. 

"I can't," I mumbled hoping that he wouldn't hear.

     We all sat at the dinning table in silence, none of us ate we just stared blankly at the food. None of us were hungry, I sniffed a little. I felt Dad and Mikey's eyes look up at me, I looked up at them.

I decided to break the silence."So,"

Nobody replied, I guess they didn't want to talk. I understood. I stood up quickly grabbing my crutches from the floor, scraping my chair against the floor and walked back over to my room. I wanted to go sleep and never wake up; nothing good was happing in the past week, apart from Lyn-z. Lyn-z! Maybe I should go see her, but why? What’s the point, to just tell her endless stuff about what's wrong in my life? I didn't want to that to her, I slumped down on my bed, lying down.

I heard my phone vibrate; I reached over to grab my phone from my bedside table. A little light flashed, I flicked the phone screen open.

New Text Message; Frankie Iero

Hey! What you doing to night? If you’re not busy you can come round to my place. 

F. 

I smiled, that would be something to get my mind off things. I quickly clicked on the button that said 'reply'-

Hey. Sure I'll come round. What time?

Gee. 

I pressed sent and waited patiently for him to reply. A few seconds later, my phone vibrated.

New Text Message; Frankie Iero

Sweet. You can come round in 10 minutes. C u. 

F. 

I pushed myself up while grabbing my crutches, clearing my mind. Although I was depressed as hell, I remembered what my Mom said, 'Keep smiling and the world will become a better place,’ I knew it would still be a hell hole, but what else could I do? I would listen to her, even though she's left.

         "What the hell happen?" Frank yelled.

I looked down; I forgot I was bruised and broken. I walked in, my head still down. I heard Frank shut the door; he then stood still waiting for me to reply.

"I'll tell you when we go upstairs,"

Frank sighed, and walked up to the stairs and let me walk up. It took a few minutes to get up and walk to Frank's room but I managed, sitting down on his bed and placed my crutches on the table.

"So," Frank waited. 

I looked up, "I was in a car crash, with my Mom." 

I heard Frank gasp, he walked over to me and sat down beside me.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry man, is your Mom alright?" He asked.

I shook my head, "No. She. She died."

I heard Frank gasp even louder, he wrapped his arms around me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around him and felt the lump grow in my throat- No. I wasn't going to cry. 

"I'm really sorry," He patted me on the back. 

I pulled out of the hug, wiping away a small tear that escaped. I smiled; it was good to have a friend.

"Let's do something," I suggested trying to move away from the subject.

"Like...?" He laughed, looking down.

I could tell he felt bad for my Mom dying, it wasn't his fault. I guess most people would feel like that, it was normal. It hurt that I would never see her again, that I don't have a Mom anymore. Only a Dad, not that thats a bad thing it's just my Moms gone. 

"Music? Films? Comics," I smiled, "Wait! Comics."

I looked down, remembering to smile. Keep smiling and the world will become a better place, I reminded myself. I put a massive smile on my face, looking up at Frank. His skin was few pale, red-ish around his eyes, long black hair, not as long as mine but it was fairly long.

Frank nodded, grabbing two comic books from a table and handed it too me. I smiled and open the first page and started reading, Frank did the same.

"Gerard?" Frank asked.

I looked up from my comic, over at him. His face was serious but sad at the same time, it made my stomach twist a little. After days of bad news, I don't think I would need anymore. So far, smiling hasn't really change to world that much. 

"Yes?"

He put the comic down on his lap and looked at me. He took a deep breath, letting go of the comic and placed both his hands together. He was silent for a few seconds, making my stomach twist even more. I felt sick, wanting to throw up, I hated waiting for people. 

"I'm moving,"