Bury Me In Black (4)

Bury Me in Black (4) 

The thought never left my mind; it was always deep in my mind no matter how hard I tried to ignore it. I didn't want to think about it but it was something to big ignore. I lay in my bed, staring up at the ceiling. Everything was quiet, nobody was around; just me and my thoughts. I heard a light knock on the door, I turn my head.

"Come in," 

The door pushed open, there stood Mikey. He was in his PJ's, he looked sad. He walked over to me and sat down. 

He sighed, looking down. "Gerard?"

"Yeah Mikes'?" I replied.

I sat up, crossing my legs and put my hands in my lap. He didn't look up as I did; he just sat there very still. He looked pale, like he'd seen a ghost. That scared me, I wondered what was wrong.

"Mom and Dad, they were talking and they said you had Cancer. Is that true?" He asked.

Nobody had told him, we didn't want too in case it hurt him too much. I felt my heart being ripped, I took in deep breath; I knew I had to tell him. He looked up, his eyes were blood shot. They looked like the time when I woke up in hospital. 

I took in a deep breath, "Yes."

I heard him gasp, his eyes started welling up. I was a horrible brother, I did this to him. He started shaking violently, his eyes streaming with tears and he screamed throwing his arms around me. I wrapped my arms around him, I felt like the worse person in the world right now.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. 

He ignored me, continuing to cry loudly. I didn't know what to do; I just sat there hugging him. He soon stopped shaking, he went silent. I quickly let go of the hug and looked at him, he was fine. He sniffed

       I stared down at my drawing, it was of her. Lyn-z. It wasn't prefect, but it was something that reminded me of her. I smiled at the thought, she was prefect and when she kissed me I couldn't stop smiling. She was one of the best things that happen to me, I hadn't talked to her since but it only been a day so I didn't mind- 

"Gerard?" I heard my mum call.

I heard her footsteps come down the stairs. I turn my head, seeing my mom standing at the door. Her arms were folded, she looked sad in a way. 

"Yeah?" I answered standing up from my chair. 

"You ready to go to the hospital?" She asked.

Oh, yeah. That. I sighed and nodded, walking passed her and upstairs to the door way. Since my last hospital visit, I'd been throwing up twice as much and hardly eaten at all. My Mom only seemed to get more and more worried, I wasn't that scared anymore; I knew I was going to die. 

I grabbed my coat, putting on my shoes and left the house. I waited by the car door, my mom was always I slow person to leave the house. I glanced up at the sky, another rainy day. My mom eventually walked out the door, with her hand-bag and various other things. She shut the door rushing over to the car. We both got in, shutting the door. I heard my mom sigh deeply, I turn to look at her.

She dropped both her arms and placed them on her knees and open her mouth, "Gee?"

I nodded, my stomach almost twisted at hearing her voice. It sounded sad and hurt, I hated this; I knew I was the reason. Her eyes were full of woe, I twisted my hands together. 

"It's just, you mean so much to me, you and your brother." She admitted, looking down. "I'd hate for anything to happen to you," 

I didn't see were she was going with this but I sat in silence looking at her. I noticed her eyes welling up with tears. I moved towards her, hugging her tightly. She sobbed on my shoulder; I patted her on the back. I wasn't sure what to say.