Bury Me In Black (14)

Bury Me in Black (14)

Mikey's POV;

I stared at the wall, holding my knees up to my chest. He was dead. I'd been crying for days, I think I don't have any tears left. His funeral was today, I wasn't looking forward to it; I don't think anyone would look forward to a funeral. I heard a knock on my bedroom door, hearing it creek as it open. I turn my head, seeing my Dad. He was dressed in a suit, as was I.

He walked in, "You ready?" He asked his voice quiet and shaky; it sounded as if he'd been crying. 

I nodded, moving one leg in front of the other and stood up. "Yeah."

I felt my heart race as I walked passed my Dad and downstairs; I'd only ever been to one funeral, that funeral been my Mothers. It wasn't easy, like any funeral, I hated seeing them been buried; that was probably the hardest part. I walked out of the house, over to the car and waited for my Dad to unlock the car door. The sky was grey but the sky was still bright, it seemed like the right kind of weather for today. Dad came down stairs; he locked the front door and walked over to the car unlocking it. I climbed in and rested my head against the car seat.

My Dad climbed in the car, shutting the door. He turn to me, his eyes were red-ish. "Mikey?" 

I nodded, swallowing the large amount of saliva that had built up in my mouth. "Yeah?"

I felt scared in a way; I would never see Mother or Gerard again. Unless I joined them but I don't think I could do that to Dad or maybe he would end up doing it too. Maybe that's what I had to do to see them again; I'd like to see them again. 

My Dad coughed a little, "I'm sorry." 

I was surprised, I didn't except him to say that. "For what?" I asked.

He shrugged looking down, "For everything that's happen." He admitted.

He shouldn't feel sorry. It's not his fault; I felt my heart slowly rip the more I thought about it. I didn't see why they had to die. 

"It's not your fault Dad."

He nodded turning back around and started the car. We drove down to the cemetery, trying to prepare ourselves for the funeral. 

 I wasn't in the mood for making small talk; I stood beside Gerard's coffin staring down at him. He laid there, eyes shut; it hurt me too see him like this. I looked around the room, seeing people who he probably spoke to once in his life; I bet they didn't even remember him. 

"Mikey?" I heard a faint voice.

I turn around, jumping as I saw Lyn-Z; all dressed in black along with her make up smudged. She threw her arms around me, holding my tightly; she sobbed into my shoulder. I knew how she felt. 

"I miss him so much." She sobbed.

I felt tears welling up in my eyes, "So do I."

She pulled away, wiping away her tears and looked up at me. I wished this was a dream, I hoped this was a dream; everything since Gerard was told he had cancer, I wished none of this would happen.

"Maybe he'll be in his parade." She smiled wiping away more tears.

"A parade?" I asked looking at her as if she'd just screamed. 

She looked surprised, "He never told you about his dream?" She asked.

I shrugged, "He had many dreams."