*31* Chase Of Anguish

"You stole my blankie, I know you did!" Sounds like a female's voice. 

"No, I didn't. I swear. Why would I steal your stuff especially that stupid towel you call a blankie?" Sounds like Lele's voice. 

Oh gosh. I stand up--

"No, you have to stay in the classroom during  fight or confrontation or you'll get in trouble," Keiron explains to me.

I shrug my shoulders and go out there anyway. There are a bunch of patients already out, watching intently as if they never get to see drama or they have never seen drama. Probably not in this place. The staff are standing around, I guess they are waiting for one of them to throw a punch so they can throw the cold blanket on them. 

"Because you are the known kleptomaniac. You steal stuff just because. That's why you kept getting fired at all the jobs you had. Stealing other people's stuff or the company's money." The girl says. 

Lele Foster; Leilan Foster this is the girl that I have heard about. Everyone says she says nothing or little to nothing but has a horrible rep for whatever reason. Not to pass judgement which is hard to do but I am hoping being a klepto isn't the reason why she has people talking .

"What do I need your blankie for, though? I don't need it." Lele says.

The girl steps in Lele's face. The staff just stands there, doing nothing but waiting. I step beside one of the patients; a boy and as in a whisper, "Why aren't the staff doing their jobs?"

He flinches causing me to jump back, not knowing what he would do. Thankfully, he smiles, "For one to throw a punch. The solitary confinement is getting cold and they itching to put someone in there. For them, it's one less patient to deal with for a few hours or days."

"Solitary confinement?" I question.

"Yeah, it's a cold, padded room with nothing in it. I think it drives some of the patients even crazier just being in there with no human communication. But, they; the staff says it works." He inputs with a shrug of his shoulders. 

I most certainly do not want to be in there, either. Lele told me if she gets another strike against her, they'd send her elsewhere for treatment. I advance towards Lele but the boy gently, yet quickly touches my shoulder, stopping me. "I wouldn't. If you interfere with their work, that's an automatic write-up on your part." He informs me withdrawing his hand. 

Standing there while the girl belittles Lele, isn't my thing at all. But, I most than likely don't interfere with personal drama. But, I hate seeing people get bullied. 

I inhale, "I'll take my chances. Plus, they aren't doing anything but waiting for someone to get hurt." I tell him and step in between the two girls.

The staff murmurs confused and the look on Mr. Spaggiari's face drops upon seeing me enter the situation. To be honest, I am a little shocked at myself that I am about to try my best to defuse the issue. I am hoping this goes the way I want it to, or I could get into a lot of trouble.

"What's the issue girls?" I ask taking the role of a counsellor since the staff acts as if they can't do their jobs or won't.

"She stole my blankie." The girl continues to accuse Lele.

"No, I did not. I was in therapy, so how could I have stolen anything of yours?" Lele defends herself. 

I turn to the girl, "Maybe you just misplaced it?"

The girl thinks, then answers, "No! She stole it! I want it back, she knows I can't sleep without it."

I sigh. They sound like bickering siblings. "Okay...uh?"

"Meme," She says her name.

"Okay, Meme....Did you see Lele take it?"

"No."

"Has she taken it before?"

"When we were little, she used to take a lot of my things just to mess with me."

"Because you'd always lie on me. Lie about everything! And anything for no reason. I have always been a great sister to you."

Yep, that confirms exactly what I was thinking. They are sisters and that is my cue to step back because I know how dirty this can get.