The Fight

Chapter 9:

Samantha's pov

I quickly thrust the sword at them so they would get out of the dorm and not hurt the other night class students. "So how long have been keeping this secret?"

John said "That we're vampire hunters? Since you first came to us." Why would they only come out about this now? Me and my so called dad fought before I felt my so called mom come behind me. I jumped up in the air and over to the left with my back facing the dorm.

I yelled "It's time to die!" I threw the sword at Victoria who jumped in the air reveling Yuuki behind her. "Yuuki!!" I ran as fast as I could to get there before the sword could hit her. I pushed her out of the way and the sword hit me. The sword went through my right arm just below my shoulder and part of it went into my side.

Yuuki said "Samantha! Are you okay?"

I said "Yeah. Can you pull the sword out please?" She pulled out the sword and handed it back to me. "Are you okay?"

She said "Yeah, I'm alright."

I said "Okay. That's good to hear." I stood back up not caring about my wounds and started fighting with them again. I got close enough to hit John but I wasn't close enough. He backed away once he realize what I was going to do. I tried again and I stabbed him in the heart. I sheared a tear but it was only that one tear.

Okay time for Victoria. She's quicker than John. If I wasn't careful myself, I could die. She may be quicker than he was, but she's a lot more sloppy. She was bleeding from where the sword sliced her skin a couple a times in her arms and legs. I ran up to he and stabbed her in her stomach.

"Where .. is .. Alice?" I said angrily at her.

She said "With my" cough "parents." Due to the blood loss she died after that. I got up and started walking back to the dorm. I stop just at the foot of the fountain to my left. I heard someone calling my name but I couldn't make it out. Everything became blurry and I fell to the ground with my sword still in my hand

Few days later

I woke up in the infirmary. I didn't like being in here, unless I was visiting. Matter of fact I don't like being in a hospitable.

"Samantha?" Someone said, taking me away from my thoughts. I look at him and smile a little bit. I always like seeing his face when I first wake up. "How do you feel?"

I said "My arm hurts a little, nothing much."

"Let me take a look." Haru-sama said as he came over to my right and undid the bandages.

I said "How long was I out?"

He said "Three days. I was starting to worry about you." I took my left hand and pressed it up against his face.

I said "I'm here now. You don't have to worry any more." I looked at my hand and saw a bandage. "Did I get hurt when I fell down?" Haru-sama got up from his seat and went over to the window.

He said "Um, no. That one is from me." He was very upset saying that.

I said "The thirst got that bad?" He shook his head.

"Enough about sad things, you still have some presents." I didn't think I had any more. "You got two gifts from Kaname." He handed me a slender box like the one that had the red dress in it. I open the box and saw a dark blue dress with sparkles.

"Help me up." I went to the mirror and unfolded the dress. Looking in the mirror, the dress was almost floor length. About three or four inches from the floor. "It's so beautiful. Remind me to tell Kaname-sama thank you."

"Why don't you just tell me thank you now?" I looked from where the voice was coming from and saw Kaname-sama. I put the dress in its' box and walked over to Kaname-sama with my hands open.

"May I?"

"Of course." I gave him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Thank you." I said.

Haru-sama said "So, who gave you the better gift?" I laughed a this. I went back over and sat on the bed.

I said "I will not tell you. If I say who has the better gift and you two don't like it, one of you is going to get into a fight."

Kaname-sama said "I can be a gentlemen."

"You aren't the one I have to worry about. It's that one over there." I said pointing at Haru-sama. "Is Yuuki okay?"

Kaname-sama said "She's doing just find. Actually that's why I came to see you. I wanted to say thank you for protecting Yuuki."

I said "No problem. I would protect her like she was my own little sister. Oh! We have to get Alice!" I tried to leave the room but Haru-sama grabbed my hand.

He said "I know. But right now, you need to get better and get some rest."

Kaname-sama said "Well, with that, I'm off. Goodnight and thank you again."

I said "Goodnight." He left and I was alone with Haru-sama. "So I'm really going to that party?"

He said "What party?"

"A week before I met you, I had a dream that was about you and me. In the dream, I was wearing the dress Rima gave me."

"Oh. That party. Well first off it's called a soiree. And second, it's not till three weeks before school starts next year. If you don't want to wear the dress Rima gave you, you can wear that one." He said motioning to the dress in the box. Only two and half months.

I put my head on my knees and said "Will I be a vampire then?" I looked up and saw Haru-sama looking at me in shock.

"I would like you to be but I only got two conditions. One is you give me permission to do it or for what ever reason you get hurt really bad I'll do it then." So, that long until I'm a vampire.

"By the end of next week, we're out of school right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing I'm," yawn "just thinking."

"Go back to sleep. We'll talk about this later." With that, I lay back in the bed pretending to go to sleep as he left the room. I didn't want to go to sleep, I just wanted time to think to my self. I lay on the bed for a couple of minutes and saw a pen. I grabbed the pen and clicked it. The pen turned into a sword. There was a note that read 'Use it well, Takuma'.

Sweet. I can finally defend myself from harm but it won't be for a while. With my arm hurt like it is, the sword would be to heavy. I need time to think. I looked out the window and saw we was on the second or third floor. Anit going out this way. I saw my bunny slippers and put them on. I poked my head the door and saw no one. I left the room and walked down stairs.

I finally made my way to the door that lead outside. I open the door and saw that it was night time. I walked down the woods an went to the wood. I should have took something for the pain in my arm but I'm not going back in there. I shouldn't say 'there', I should say that room. I found a tree and sat down at the base of the tree. As soon as I heard the crickets, my eye lids started to feel heavy. Before I knew it, I fell asleep.

(5 hours later)

I woke up just as the sun was coming up. I got up and started walking back to that room. I saw the door and started to walk up to it when someone came out of the door. I stopped in my tracks. I've never seen him before but my gut instinct is telling me he's a pureblood. I thought there were only two at the school. He had on a dark green shirt with a pair of blue jeans. Good choice on the jeans, bad choice on the shirt. I would have gone with a blue or red shirt.

He said "Samantha?"

I said "Yes? Can I help you?" He came running at me and gave me a hug. Okay who the hell is this person?

He said "I've been so worried about you. So did you finally met Haru?"

I said "No offence to you, but who are you?"

H said "Oh. My bad. You have to forgive me. Normally people know who I am. I am Ikki Cabauscate." He held out his hand and I shook it.

I said "I mean no disrespect when I say this but aren't you suppose to be dead?" Ikki-sama laughed. Why is he laughing?

He said "I'm sorry for that little outburst. I thought Haru told you i was still alive."

I said "Haru-sama didn't tell me anything. Now that I'm thinking about it, how do you know my name?"

"Because I told him about you." I look back at the voice and saw Haru-sama. He walked over to me and said in a lo whisper "Why do you make me worry more than I need to?"

I said "Because it's fun. How come you didn't tell me Ikki-sama was alive?"

He said "Because that was something you didn't need to know yet."

I said with an eyebrow up "What else don't I know?" His face grew red. "I thought so. Ya'll can talk. I'm gonna get something to eat."

He said "Going."

I already started walking up the stairs, when I turned my head back and said "Going, gonna, same thing."

Haru-sama said "It's proper English. At least being with me, you should know that." I stopped at the foot of the door. Why is my head hurting so much and why am I really angry with Haru-sama?

Haru-sama's pov

She stopped at the base of the door. Uh-oh. I might have said the wrong thing. She went through the door and something weird is going on. I went to check it out.

"Haru, are you okay?" I heard Ikki say.

"I'll be fine. I'm worried about Samantha. Something just don't seem right when she stopped like that." I went through the door and Samantha was lying on the ground. I went over to her and her whole body was burning up. I took her back to infirmary and lay her on the bed. I grabbed a thermometer and put it in her mouth. It read 110 degrees Fahrenheit. That's really, really bad.

I put her into the tub with cold ice water. She needed to be cool down before she lost her hearing or anything else. 'Wonder why I'm freaking out so much? This has never happen the her.' Let the one time she had a fever the doctor said that in a half an hour, if the temperature does go down at least five degrees then she needs to get to a hospitable. I waited half an hour and it was only 107 degrees.

I called the car around and told them to be out there in five minutes. I grabbed Samantha in my arms and we left for the hospitable.

Samantha's pov

I woke up in a white room hearing a lot of beeps from the machines. Wait, machines? I opened my eyes and saw a bunch of different machines and knew I was in a hospitable.

Haru-sama's pov

"Be ready to catch her. I have a feeling that she's not going to talk to me and if you don't, we won't be able to find her." I said to Kaname.

"Why wouldn't she ant to talk to you?" He said.

I said "Because last time I took her to the hospitable, she didn't talk to me for a week." Sure enough, she came running down the hall.

Samantha's pov

I ran down the hall, avoiding the looks on people faces. I was almost out the door when someone caught me in their arms. "Let me go!" I yell at the person.

"I'm sorry. I can't do that."

"Let me go!" I was beyond mad that I didn't want to hear anything else but sure or okay.

"How about if I take you out of here while Haru checks you out, okay?" I shook my head. If he let me go, he would never see me again. We went into a limo and waited.

"Kaname-sama why am I here?"

"You don't know do you? You had a fever of 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Way above normal." The door open up and I hid my head in his shirt. I think I surprise myself more than him.

"It's okay. It's just me Samantha." I looked up and saw Haru-sama sitting across from us while Hanabusa piled in too.

Hanabusa said "You gave us quite a scare, Samantha. At least you're feeling better." I was about to jump into Haru-sama's arms but two things are stopping me. One is Kaname-sama still had his arms around me and two my anger was starting to boil my blood. Haru-sama scooted over and tried to grab my arm but before he could I scooted closer to Kaname-sama.

"I'll do it." I heard Hanabusa say. "Samantha can I see your arm please?" I held out my arm and he look at it. There was a needle stuck in my arm and he got it out. After getting it out, he wrapped my arm up in some bandages.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome." I started to feel really sleepy. I went to sleep in Kaname-sama's lap. I wonder how mad he can get for sleeping on someone else.

(Few hours later)

I woke up in my room. When did we get back? I got to my feet but quickly fell on the floor. I struggle to get on the bed but I got on. I rubbed my hands down my legs to wake them up some. Some one touch my shoulder, scaring the living shit out of me. I nearly fell off the bed and went to the corner of the wall. Actually, I did do that.

"Samantha, are you okay?" Hanabusa asked looking confuse at me.

"I'm fine. Um, why are you in my room?"

"Haru-sama asked Kaname-sama to stay with you figuring that you wouldn't want to talk to Haru-sama. There was some type of commotion downstairs so Kaname-sama asked me to stay here if you wake up. So here I am."

"Okay." I stood up along the wall feeling my legs weren't asleep any more. I put on my slippers and a light sweater. "That commotion, is it still going on?"

Hanabusa said "I believe it should be over by now. Why?"

"Because I'm hungry. I am a human after all."

"Wait! You're not suppose to leave your room with out an escort!" He yelled after me.

I said "Then come with me." I walk down the hall and stop a the corner of the stair when I heard people talking. I peer around the corner and saw people I don't know. I can see Haru-sama and Kaname-sama but I don't know anybody else. I quickly turned around in my tracks and walked back to my room.

Before I could go in the room, Hanabusa said "I thought you wanted something to eat?"

"I changed my mind. I'm not hungry any more." I went to the windowsill and sat in it. There was a little seat and it was all mine. I sat there for a couple of minutes before Hanabusa came back in.

He said "So you can fight off vampire hunters but you can't handle vampires?"

I said "It's not that I can't handle them, it's that I don't know them. I've never been the type of person who makes friends easily."

"Would you like me to get something to eat for you?"

"Yes, please."

"What would you like?"

"I don't know. Fix anything please. Just don't make me go into that pit of vampires." He chuckled then left the room. Hanabusa came back half an hour later with some pizza for me. After I ate the pizza, I said thank you before he left my room. I sat back on the windowsill looking up at the moon. I lay there thinking about almost everything that would pop into my head.

What would it me like as a vampire?; would my real parent find out who I am? If so, how would they treat me?; and many more. I went to sleep in the windowsill. I woke up the next morning, well night, for class with a blanket on me and a really bad headache. Why did my head hurt so much? I went on my bed and lay down.

Someone came in and said "It's time to get up. Samantha?"

I said "I'm up. I don't feel to well."

"What's wrong?" She asked as she came in more and sat on the bed.

I said "My head really hurts. I've never felt this type of pain before." I finally figure out that it's Rima who I'm talking to.

Rima said "Well go on back to sleep. I'll be back later to check to on you."

"Okay." I tired to go back to sleep but every time I would, I would see a pair of red and blue eyes. Who is he? What does he want with me? I needed to know but I feared the answer to these questions. I woke up in a corner. How did I get here? There's that pain in my head again. Make it go away!

I saw a figure in the chair. With my strength I got up and went over to the chair. I found Haru-sama sleeping in the chair. I went over to the windowsill, grabbed the blanket, and placed the blanket on him. I walked back to the bed but I fell down hitting my head on the corner of the bed.

"Samantha!" Haru-sama came to me and held my head. "Don't move." He went into the bathroom and grabbed the first aid kit. He came back and saw me with my hands on my head.

Haru-sama's pov

"Samantha? Are you okay?" I asked her worryingly.

She said "My head hurts. Really bad."

"How bad? On a scale one to ten, how bad does it hurt?"

She said "About an eight." Her voice was starting to get chocked up like she was crying and she was.

I looked into her tearful eyes and said "I think it's time."

"Time?" She asked. "To be like you?"

"Yes." I grabbed Samantha in my arms and we left out the window. We got into the forest and I sat her down gently. I had to put her to sleep because the pain in her head was really getting to her. I sat down next to her and bit into her neck. Her blood was so sweet it was like nectar to a honey bee. She started squirming and in my lap so I had to hold her down.

I then bit into my wrist, took my blood into my mouth, and gave her a kiss. Her eyes then open realizing what was going on. She swallowed my blood then look up at me. "Do you know who I am?"

She said "My . . my older brother." She snuggled up against me. "I missed you, Oniisan." She looks so cute I just couldn't help myself.

I gave her a hug and said "I missed you too, now that you finally know who you really are."

Samantha's pov

"Lets go." Oniisan said.

"Go where?"

"Home." After Oniisan bit me, we went to our house. Now it feels right to say our house. After he turned me, my hair grew really long. My brown hair used to be just below my shoulders but now it was just below my butt. I actually like it like this.

(One week later - Cross Academy, just before sundown)

We finally came back after a week of being away for my health. Oniisan said that I wouldn't be able to control everything in my first week, he said that it would take time to learn. Especially the blood thirst. We got on to the campus grounds and everyone was staring at us. It was the day class people and they saw two people in regular clothes coming, can you blame them?

We arrived at the moon dormitory. Just as I was about to turn the handle, Oniisan said "Scared?"

"Yeah, how can you tell?"

"You would've already turn the handle by now." I finally turn the handle and we walked inside. The only person I saw was Hanabusa but he was going into the kitchen. I went up to my room and started packing my suitcase. I was about half way down when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said. I looked at the door and saw Rima. She seemed really depressed or upset, I couldn't tell.

Rima said "I was wondering when you be coming back." I sat down on the bed finished putting my clothes away.

I said "I didn't want to come back. I kept telling Onii-, um Haru that we can always just send someone to get our things but he wouldn't let me."

Rima said "Why wouldn't you want to come back?"

I said "I was afraid of you. I was afraid that would you hate me for not telling who I really am."

Rima said "I don't hate, I never could. I just wished you would have told me who you really are. Speaking of which, who are you really, and who were the people that attacked you about a week and a half ago?"

"Second question first. After Haru found me, I cut off all my connections with my family. They were vampire hunters but I didn't know that till I fought them. As for who I really am, I am Samantha Nakashima born to Aki and Sakura Nakashima."

She gave me a hug and said "Next time just tell me, okay?"

I gave her a hug back and said "I will. You coming back next year?"

She said "Yea. I like it here with Kaname-sama and you'll be here next year to, right?"

"Yeah! Why wouldn't I? Besides, ya'll are my family now, you can't just abandon your family." I said with a laugh. To bad I didn't believe my own words.

Rima said "Come lets go, I think they're waiting for you." We left and Oniisan was already waiting for.

Oniisan said "Now anit you glad I made you come back?"

I put a smile on my face and said "Yeah, I'm glad."

"Are you ready to go?" He said.

"I would be if I could fine Kaname-sama." I said with a hint of sorrow in my voice.

"I'm sure he has a lot of work to. He is the president of the vampires here."

"Okay." I gave Rima one last hug and we left. Just before we left the gate I look back at the dorm and saw Kaname-sama waving at us. I waved back and said goodbye. I wished I could have given him a hug at least. We walked through the gate and didn't look back or so I thought.

I still have a lot to do. Find my adoptive sister, meet my real parents and go to the soiree.